|Job Title:||Fire Safety Consultant (Risk Assessor)|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
- To under take fire risk assessments of, and compile emergency action plans for, clients premises.
- To provide elementary fire safety consultancy services, and respond to internal and external clients FS enquiry's, as is appropriate and commensurate with the post holders training, experience and competency.
- To maintain a high degree of fire safety competency and maintain a working knowledge and awareness of current fire safety practices, codes and guides, fire safety management and fire risk assessment, through personal reading, participation in CPD events, on-line forums, membership of relevant professional bodies and participation at relevant training course's.
- To act as the initial point of contact for technical issues arising from specific contracts/assignments which have been allocated to the post holder.
- To develop and maintain excellent client and colleague relationships and ensure high quality service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fire Risk Assessment: To undertake suitable and sufficient fire risk assessments and pre-occupancy reviews of fire safety design proposals, and compile high quality reports using our on-line reporting system and, where required, Word for Windows templates.
Project over sight / lead: For specific, limited, named contracts and tasks, working in close co-operation with the Principle and Senior Fire Safety Advisors as may be necessary, act as the initial point of contact for all technical aspects of contract development and execution.
Consultancy work: As directed by the Principle Fire Safety Advisor, and commensurate with the post holders experience and competency; undertake elementary fire safety consultancy tasks, and if suitably qualified to do so, undertake H&S duties under the direction of the Senior H&S advisor.
Reporting Line: FSCRAs will work under the direction of a Senior Fire Safety Advisor and/or Senior Health & Safety Advisor if working on H&S issues, and will report directly to the Principle Fire Safety Advisor.
Behaviours and Skills:
- Meets, or is working towards meeting assessor grading:
- Personal attributes: Reliable, conscientious, amicable and committed to production of high quality client services.
- Self-management skills, including assertiveness, personal integrity, decisiveness, desire for self-development.
- Communication skills: dealing with critics, active listening, ability to explain expectations, to act as an advocate, appraise and give feedback.
- Client focus: Is aware of and can to a degree anticipate customer and colleagues needs and requirements.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Obtains and maintains third party accreditation for life safety fire risk assessment.
- Health and Safety experience and qualifications
- Understanding of Metro's consultancy services.
- Good written and oral communication
- Assertive and able to resolve conflict
- Builds good relationships and works effectively with people at all levels
- Objective approach to problem resolution, able to mediate and negotiate
- Shows commercial acumen and business focus
- Change oriented, innovative and able to manage change
- Demonstrable evidence of 5 years experience in a relevant fire safety role.
- Graduate or Member of IFE (Institute of Fire Engineers)
- Suitable nationally recognised formal qualifications in Fire Safety such as; HND/HNC in fire safety; CFPA European diploma in Fire Safety Management; Attendance at Fire Service College's Long Fire Prevention Course; MSc in Fire Safety; or equivalent level of education.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Team management or supervisory experience essential.
- Experience of a client-facing role would be preferable.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.