|Job Title:||Global Commodity Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, Warwickshire - Warwick|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £52,000 + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||2 days ago|
Global Commodity Manager
Allen & York's Energy Generation team are working on the behalf of a leading global engineering and technology services company. As part of a recent acquisition, our client are seeking a Global Commodity Manager within their Supply Chain function to work within their office in Warwick.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Sourcing and working within the Distributed Generation Services Business Unit as one of their successful Sourcing Specialists. The purpose of this role is to develop and execute integrated Commodity Strategies including the development of the Gas Turbine component repair strategy. The successful candidate will need to ensure robust and optimised supply chains are in place to deliver outstanding performance and competitive advantage to our business stakeholders.
Over the past few years, our client's aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is their vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
• Develop and deliver robust and integrated Commodity and Supplier strategies to provide supply chains capable of providing business needs across all stakeholder areas.
• Understand the global supply market for selected Commodity Groups and ensure that the Commodity Strategy optimises the use of global supply chain options.
• Understand stakeholder requirements for current and future programmes and assess current / future state to understand capability gaps in the external supply chain.
• Drive change programmes to support strategy execution and to close capability gaps, ensuring impact on existing supply chains is managed.
• Assess macro and micro risks within the Commodity Group / Supply chain and ensuring strategy includes mitigation of such risk.
• Develop and foster mutually beneficial relationships with new suppliers, including risk-sharing partnerships where applicable and enabling access to supplier technology / expertise.
• Ensure Contracts are in place at the appropriate time to mitigate commercial risk and optimise commercial advantage for current and future programmes.
• Ensure buy-in of all stakeholders and secure resource and timing commitments from stakeholders to execute strategies
• Ability to work in a complex, fast changing global organisational environment
• Good understanding of business strategy and plans to ensure alignment
• Familiarity with Gas Turbine component Manufacturing processes and Quality Control Processes
• Knowledge of SAP systems
• Proven experience in leading Strategic programmes of work
• Have a creative and innovative mind-set
• Practical experience of developing business improvements
• Previous experience of cost model development is desirable
• CIPS qualified or working towards
Our client has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Their expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, they rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.