|Job Title:||Graduate Wind Turbine Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
One of our well known technology companies based in the UK are looking to recruit a Graduate Wind Turbine Monitoring Engineer to work in their Analytical team.
This product provides data analysis and condition monitoring services to a large portfolio of wind farms in Europe, North America and Canada.
The successful applicant would join a dynamic, growing team supporting our renewable energy engineering business.
- The Graduate Wind Turbine Monitoring Engineer or Analyst will utilise their in-house software to deliver monitoring and analysis support to wind farm operators.
- Assesing faults such as gear or bearing failures are diagnosed early using a variety of methods including vibration signal processing and SCADA analysis (power/temperature/wind speed).
- Their monitoring team works closely with field service engineers who inspect wind turbines and provide engineering solutions to problems that we detect through condition monitoring.
- Delivering condition monitoring analysis including vibration and SCADA analysis.
- Preparing reports for customers.
- Presenting key findings to clients.
- Working with internal teams to interpret faults and make recommendations to the wind farm operator.
- A degree (Minimum 2:1) in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar discipline.
- The role will also suit a PhD graduate
- Programming skills such as Matlab or Python will be highly beneficial as new analysis methods are often developed and trialled during project delivery before being implemented in software.
- Working with software developers to propose and test improvements to the Monitoring software.
- Developing and testing new fault detection methods.
- Contributing to internal team meetings (technical and commercial).
- Providing technical support to the sales team.
- A degree (Minimum 2:1) or higher degree (PhD/Masters) in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar discipline.
- A strong team-working ethic.
- A dynamic attitude, always trying to improve.
- Programming skills such as Matlab, C, C++ or Python.
- Understanding of signal processing techniques with particular emphasis on FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) methods.
- Experience in condition monitoring of rotating machinery using vibration data.
- Understanding of wind turbine technology, gears/bearings, and mechanical equipment failure modes.
*You may be required to travel occasionally for short periods, although this is not essential also offers the opportunity for secondments to overseas offices when appropriate.
A competitive salary, company pension, life assurance, income protection, 26 days' holiday, Employee Assistance Programme, early finish on Friday, flexible working, access to salary sacrifice benefits.