|Job Title:||Group Lead|
|Location:||North East England,|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Hull - Yorkshire
Our client is a leading global engineering and technology services company, providing innovative solutions to help tackle the world's major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Identifying that it's only through their people that they can continue to outpace their competitors, break new ground and set new standards for progress in societies worldwide.
The Wind Power business has announced its plans to invest £160 million in a new rotor blade manufacturing facility, project construction, assembly and service facility at Green Port Hull in Yorkshire. In less than two years, our 1,000 strong manufacturing and assembly facility in Hull will be operational.
The Group Leads report to Operation Managers and will be responsible for planning and deployment of people, processes, machines, materials and equipment, and ensures mitigations are in place in event of disruptions.
The role will ensure effective implementation of defined production standards, and oversee and manage production operations, within their department. They will also be responsible for embedding EHS (environmental health and safety) initiatives in the business ensuring the organisation's EHS policy, standards and procedures are fully implemented.
- Checks technical documents and design specifications and arranges changes if appropriate
- Proposes the deployment of new processes
- Initiates and monitors manufacturing trials and analyses results.
- Draws up implementation plans for procuring and renewing equipment, including technical specifications
- Draws up layout plans; schedules, coordinates and implements the required work in the manufacturing department.
- Ensures all resources are maximised in terms of people, machines and equipment
- Ensures manufacturing quality standards are met or exceeded via audits
- Implements and where appropriate initiates manufacturing quality measures
- Monitors indicators, documents non-conformance and its causes, and initiates any required action
- Management of Team Leaders in terms of execution of work, workflow, processes and equipment, in order to ensure that production targets are met or exceeded
- Places orders for and supervises maintenance and repair work and, if necessary, initiates preventive measures, in order to maximise machinery availability
- Plans, communicates and executes technical improvement measures
- Plans, deploys, manages, trains and develops employees, in order to ensure successful work with motivated employees.
- Ensures compliance with the requirements relating to Quality ISO 9001, environment ISO 14000, occupational safety and health
- Ensures manufacturing orders are feasible (process and equipment)
- Selects, manages, evaluates and develops people; promotes activity aimed at increasing productivity and engagement
- Carries out employee relations activity as required
- Sets, agrees and monitors specific KPIs