|Job Title:||Group Social Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lester Lockyer|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Dangote Industries Limited, DIL, one of Africa's largest and most diverse conglomerates, have retained Allen & York Ltd to manage the recruitment of a number of key Environmental Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) individuals.
We are embarking on a campaign to recruit a dynamic team to roll out DIL's long term EHSS vision in line with international IFC standards. All positions will be Head Office based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Group Social Performance Manager
The Group Social Performance Manager is an integral part of the company EHSS Directorate and reports to the Dangote Industries Limited EHSS Director.
The role is essentially strategic and through effective leadership he/she will be required to develop and implement group wide social strategy and ensure the delivery of agreed outcomes via effectively executed social action plans and ongoing social performance.
The Social Performance Manager will support the EHSS Director to establish the EHSS vision for the Group and develop the social policies, standards, strategies and programs for all of Group operations and new projects.
Primary Job Duties and Functions
Provide a leadership and mentoring role to the site teams with a visible and uncompromised commitment to EHSS. In doing so, the Social Performance Manager will support the establishment and effective operation of appropriate social performance management capacity at the operational and project levels.
The incumbent will manage compliance and he/she will have extensive interface with site operations management, consultants and regulatory agencies.
- Develop, review and update Group social procedures, standards, strategies and plans for aspects such as, but not limited to, stakeholder engagement, social investment, land acquisition and resettlement, local economic development and human rights.
- Monitor trends and changes in the regulatory, performance standard and policy environment and report these to the Group functions, BUs and sites;
- Guide the Group in the setting of social performance targets and relevant social performance indicators (KPI) and monitor progress of BUs and sites in achieving targets;
- Provide expertise to BU and site management, enhancing awareness of social issues likely to have material impacts on the business;
- Identify and request relevant training interventions;
- Train and mentor company staff, on all aspects of social performance, with a particularly focus on stakeholder risk assessment and management, social issues relevant to the business, regulatory requirements and social performance management;
- Contribute to the embedding of a culture of compliance and ethical behaviour in the Group;
- Monitor compliance of BUs and sites with relevant regulation and performance standards through audit programs;
- Provide direction and support on external and internal compliance assurance programmes;
- Produce reports and updates on social performance for both internal and external stakeholders;
- Prepare social performance reports for the Leadership Team, BU Leaders and Site Managers and incorporate any recommendations/comments emerging from the review of the report;
- Act as main point of communication between BUs and sites and the EHSS Director on social performance;
Key Skills and Experience Required
10+ years industry experience (cement and/or oil & gas and/or chemical preferred) including relevant project site operational experience in emerging countries, preferably in Africa;
? Track record in influencing positive organizational change within an organisation/s;
? Development and implementation of Integrated Management Systems according to IFC Performance Standards and ISO26000 international standard preferred.
Advanced Degree or equivalent in science, engineering or environmental related discipline.
- Excellent technical capabilities, very good working knowledge of applicable social related legislation, stakeholder engagement approaches and methodologies, corporate social investment approaches, land acquisition and resettlement, human rights management, health impacts on local community, cultural heritage, (preferably in emerging countries), international standards (e.g. IFC, World Bank Group and AfDB EHSS standards and guidelines) and practices across a spectrum including development projects and operations;
- Strong knowledge of social issues related to one or more irrelevant industry sectors
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written. The candidate should have very good cross cultural communication skills including those related to public relations, conflict management and negotiation, liaison, mentoring, and information sharing;
With a 21,000 strong workforce, Dangote operates in diversified markets including significant manufacturing output; sectors include cement production, flour, sugar, rice, oil, haulage, real estate, steel and telecoms. This is a remarkable opportunity to consolidate group wide EHSS practice and develop an enhanced function that will touch on thousands of lives delivering significant positive impact to people and the environment.
For more information contact Lester Lockyer +44(0)1202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.