|Job Title:||Head of Section - Project Development, Onshore Wind|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Our client are a leading independent expert advisory services firm to the Renewable Energy industry.
They are currently seeking a Head of Section - Project Development to join their industry leading team.
The Head of Section is responsible for leading a team of engineers and consultants. The role involves management of these staff to deliver specialist engineering services, primarily for pre-construction wind farms, but also energy assessments for operational projects.
The role will also involve working with the other section heads as well as other departments to deliver technical consulting.
- Providing management and leadership to the teams/staff across a multiple offices, including recruitment and staff development
- Approval of consultancy deliverables and ensuring that QA procedures are implemented.
- Preparation and presentation of high quality proposals for consultancy work in response to invitations from Industry.
- Commercial and administrative responsibility for consultancy contracts.
- Drawing upon and co-ordinating the resources from a pool of experts and engineers from the company.
- Developing long-term client relationships.
- Supporting the recruitment, training and performance management of experienced and junior staff.
- Business development through identification, development and deployment of new services as part of the North West Europe, Middle East and Africa Project Development Management Team.
- Maintaining and raising the profile of the company within the sector through participation in industry working groups and delivery of presentations at high profile events.
- Co-ordination across the North West Europe, Middle East and Africa area and wider group.
- The role will also involve market facing activities towards the offshore a Scandinavian market for the company.
Take a leading role in Regional projects and possibly a leading role in a Global Practice project.
c.£15k per project (typically 10 projects managed by team at any given time)
Responsible for the management of team of about 10 engineers.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Billed hours for team in section
- Profitability of projects run through section
- Top class degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in a mechanical or environmental engineering, physics or mathematics.
- Established and strong client relationships in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Substantial experience of working with project developers, owners and investors at various stages of project development
- Understanding of the commercial basis for projects
- Good understanding of relevant capabilities internally
- Strong business development skills
- Experience of managing teams of consultants & engineers
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong Quality Assurance skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of preparing or co-ordinating the preparation of successful proposals for major consultancy engagements.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience of building long-term client relationships and the communication skills required for this.
- Well-developed IT skills, including advanced use of MS Office applications.
- Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of contributing to industry working groups and related networking activity.
- Good contacts in the Investor community
- Experience of presenting at major industry events.
- Experience of acting as CDM coordinator
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.