|Job Title:||Head of Renewable Energy Asset Management|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Our client is a fast-growing UK fund management business with leading positions in several specialist sectors including healthcare, energy and smaller company investing.
Within their renewable energy division they have £2 billion of renewable energy assets in the UK and Europe and continues to add to this portfolio across solar, wind and energy from waste as well as seeking new opportunities in the energy sector.
- Managing outsourced asset managers (or commercial contract managers and accounting) and O&M providers whilst retaining in-house a core team with technical, operational and commercial expertise to drive performance improvements, manage risk and make commercial decisions.
- The head of asset management is also likely to be responsibility for overseeing the in-house asset co finance function as well as fund and bank level reporting and issue resolution.
- Ultimately responsible for all operational performance and reporting of the expanding £2billion energy portfolio.
- The current team has 18 people across all these areas. The role will therefore require someone with significant experience growing and managing a team delivering best in class asset management services to a significant portfolio of renewable energy assets.
- Track record managing a large portfolio of energy assets across different technologies
- Demonstrable success in managing relationships and driving performance improvements and managing costs from outsourced services (predominantly asset management and O&M)
- Knowledge of information documentation, monitoring and reporting industry best practice
- Track record of executing asset improvement strategies
- broad understanding of legal, technical and commercial issues and risks related to energy projects
- Demonstrable focus on systems and processes and ability to establish these from scratch
- Experience managing and growing a team of legal, commercial and technical personnel in addition to project managers and financial and reporting functions. Setting up structures to develop and grow this whilst retaining culture.
- Credibility with institutional investors and project finance banks
- Ability to establish a scalable platform which has the adaptability for new technologies (beyond wind and solar).
- Demonstrated ownership of own P+L and track record of growing this through adding assets under management
- Proven ability to succinctly explain and communicate complex technical and commercial issues
- Asset Management
- Renewable energy