|Job Title:||Health and Safety Advisor|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Bristol|
|Salary:||£25,000 to £30,000|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Health and Safety Advisor
Avonmouth with travel to other sites as required
The purpose of the role is to provide health and safety support for the Avonmouth site under the direction of the group Health and Safety Manager and the Avonmouth Site Manager. The key aims are to assist the site in delivering positive health and safety management systems. The role is seen as important to assist the coordination of procedures and assessments of shared systems such as workplace transport, security and emergency response/ management.
The Health and Safety Advisor is site based, providing day to day support for the Avonmouth site as directed by the Site Manager. This role will also provide support for the site as required and will require travel.
- Undertaking and reviewing task risk assessments and developing safe systems of work. This should be undertaken in consultation with those people undertaking the work;
- Undertaking and reviewing targeted risk assessments
- Carrying out observational monitoring of health and safety practices on site, including behavioural monitoring, contractor monitoring;
- Carry out COSHH assessments and identify any chemicals not covered;
- Undertaking and monitoring of site safety tests, for example emergency evacuation drills, fire drills, first aid drills. Ensure that regular, recorded checks are made on all emergency stops, fire suppression systems, safety switches etc;
- Setting up a system to ensure that sufficient time is allocated to individual members of the team for the communication of relevant health and safety information to deepen their understanding and allow them to carry out their duties in a safe manner. This should include induction sessions, refresher briefings, toolbox talks, safety alerts and one to one sessions where necessary;
- Undertaking gas, dust and bio aerosol monitoring and facilitating other occupational health monitoring such as noise and vibration;
- Undertake accidents and near misses investigations to include the collection of information and evidence in a timely manner and ensuring that this is recorded correctly;
- Attending or chairing site health and safety meetings as required;
- Assist in reviewing the performance of all staff and identifying training and development needs;
- Liaison with site staff, customers and external stakeholders;
- Undertaking assessment of contractor health and safety questionnaires and making recommendations for inclusion on the Contractor Register;
- There may be a requirement to visit other sites and provide assistance with accident investigation, monitoring or rolling out of project work.
- Must have a Nebosh General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and experience in a heavy build or a heavy industrial background.
We look forward to receiving your application