|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates,|
|Salary:||UAE Dirhams2 per annum + Negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is one of the regions largest steel plants. For a decade they have been at the forefront of the steel production and supply sector and they pride themselves on their employee recognition policies and their strict adherence to recognised safety and quality standards.
Due to ongoing demand for high quality steel products in the region and the expansion of their business into new and exciting areas they are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
- Develop a strategic H&S improvement plan to ensure that the company has consistent accident and incident reduction. Manage the implementation of the H&S improvement plan and report progress to ExCo.
- Develop the H&S Management System based on needs (risk) analysis to allow the company to meet its operational objectives.
- Develop new and existing company procedures in support of the H&S management system ensuring that they are compatible with the overall company strategy.
- Identify training for all employees in relation to H&S to address any shortfalls or identified gaps in competence and knowledge.
- Lead or ensure assistance as necessary to resolve H&S related problems in order to minimize loss.
- Direct the planning and allocation of resources (physical and human) and oversee the implementation of appropriate process, controls and instructions within the H&S Department to ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Recruit knowledgeable personnel into the H&S Department to ensure the company has adequate resources and competent advice available to control its activities.
- Ensure the successful management of the H&S Department functional objectives by setting departmental and individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback appraisal in order to achieve the highest level of performance.
- Ensure that a robust H&S training plan is developed for the company that will fill any identified competency gaps in support of company operations.
- Recommend a capital plan for the H&S Department that defines the necessary expenditure to ensure the implementation and success of the annual H&S Improvement Plan.
- Advise the company about the likely impact (cost implications) that may result from potential failure or loss including accidents and incidents, or areas of non-conformance.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are investigated to determine root cause, and that corrective actions are undertaken that will prevent a reoccurrence.
- Ensure that the company has sufficient emergency equipment, resource, capability and knowledge in order to effectively react to an arising emergency situation and take corrective action in order to mitigate and or minimize injury or loss (including fire).
- Plan, direct and supervise H&S audits of the company's operations to ensure compliance with established standards. Report potential consequences of faults or omissions to management and recommend suitable corrective actions.
- Assist with the development of the company's H&S behavioral culture to improve personal behavior and hazard and risk perception.
- Assist in developing U.A.E. national trainees / employees to prepare them for acquiring targeted positions in line with IDP developed as per the company policy.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct H&S related training when required
- Produce written and pictorial H&S related material related to best practice and incidents
- Provide advice regarding the H&S pre requirements to start up/commissioning of plant units
- Assist the Training Department on the H&S technical training for the senior supervisory operational staff on procedures, standards and policies
- Review the functionality tests of loss prevention equipment
- Develop site campaigns and H&S awareness
- Secondary High School Diploma in science or in technical discipline
- International Fire and Safety Certificates/Diploma's such as NEBOSH, IOSH, NVQ
- 10+ years in H&S management role and at minimum of 4 years' experience within a steelmaking company in a management position.
- Process safety training
- Trained in advanced emergency response & incident command system
- Trained in advanced accident
- investigation and report writing
- Completed Fire Fighting Training and SCBA training
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.