|Job Title:||Health & Safety Manager|
|Salary:||€55000 - €60000|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Our client are currently looking to recruit and an experienced and qualified Health & Safety Manager, this position offers an excellent opportunity to join a world leading Civil Engineering and Construction company working on a number of major projects in the UK & Ireland to be based in Dublin.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure efficient management of all H&S functions of the specific contract
- Provide H&S support to all members of the project team in managing the delivery of the contract
- Promote a positive health & safety culture and develop and implement project health and safety policy
- Annually review the policy and safety management system
- Review and authorise for issue new and revised health and safety procedures
- Manage and organise the health and safety department in such a manner as to provide the team with comprehensive information and advice on current and forthcoming health and safety legislation
- Initiate and maintain inspection and monitoring procedures for all activities.
- Organise inductions and training as required by the Project Manager
- Carry out investigations into accidents and incidents jointly with the Project Manager (Construction Manager) and report findings and recommendations to the Project Director.
- Undertake regular safety tours of sites, offices and depots
- Organise and chair regular health & safety team meetings
- Liaise with the human resources manager in the preparation of an annual health and safety training plan and occupational health arrangements and monitoring and deliver training as planned
- Set a personal example of safe behaviour
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- In depth knowledge of current and future UK Health and Safety legislation and best practice
- NEBOSH Diploma and experienced H&S manager in similar sized construction organisations
- The post holder should be educated to degree level or equivalent. A lower educational level, may be acceptable where a high level of experience in a senior H&S management role can be demonstrated
- Business and commercial awareness and able to influence at leadership level including shareholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a clear understanding of how to match legal and project requirement
- Member of the IOSH or IIRSM or equivalent professional qualification.
- Major tunnelling project experience implementing and managing safety management systems
- Experience of implementing Behavioural Based Safety Initiatives and Occupational Health Initiatives
- Experience of implementing Training Initiatives and Programmes
- Audit Experience of OHSAS 18001 and CSCS Card
This opportunity of Health & Safety Manager offers a salary of €55000 - €60000 including excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact me on 01202 888986.