|Job Title:||Health & Safety Principal Consultant|
|Location:||UK - England - East of England, Cambridgeshire - Cambridge|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
We have a rare and exciting opportunity to hire a Principal Consultant to join a senior team of Health & Safety professionals.
You will have a focus and experience within Safety Risk or operational risk with a strong academic record.
Applicants must have a willingness and flexibility for UK and international travel.
You will be able to demonstrate clear delivery capability (both project management of complex projects and technical competence) combined with tangible business development experience.
- Ability to bring client accounts/contacts a real advantage
- Demonstrable credibility in front of clients –through delivery and/or sales
- Able to contribute to the business through leading case delivery,
competency development and client relationship building.
Technical competence and ability to manage projects. Quality of experience is important. Typical sectors where this person could come from would include consulting, transport, construction, utilities
- Demonstrated suitability credibility in front of clients
- Competence in operational/safety risk management and/or sector
- Ability to manage staff delivering consulting work
Experience in operational/safety risk management (for Principal including consulting experience) across a suitable combination of our core service offers, which can include:
- Independent operation/safety review
- Development of operational/safety risk management systems
- Supply chain/contractor operational/safety risk management
- Operational/safety leadership assessment
- Operational/safety culture assessment and development
- Senior management training in operational/safety risk management
- Operational/safety risk assessment
- Rail/metro/bus/coach (any operating or engineering background)
- Construction/infrastructure operation and development
- Manufacturing, other asset intensive industries
- Energy Industries – e.g. Oil and Gas (up or downstream), Chemicals, Utilities.
- Experience across the lifecycle of consulting engagements from first phase diagnostics, through solution design and implementation planning and delivery
- Able to lead teams, and manage a case, working closely with a senior / partner on an engagement
- Strong team working competence, good communicator
Business Development (necessary for Principal)
- Has already shown he/she can operate in a sell/deliver capacity, leveraging own position within a client engagement to generate ongoing revenues.
- Shown strong interest and proactiveness in taking a leading role in developing new business through setting up, participating in, and following up sales meetings
- Ideally brings at least some client contacts that could be leveraged