|Job Title:||Health and Safety Surveillance Coordinator|
|Location:||UK - England - Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Contact Name:||Dana Atalla|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Our client a large research led organisation employing 7600 employees in a variety of research, academic, specialist and professional services roles are seeking an H&S surveillance coordinator for their HQ in Sheffield.
They are seeking a health surveillance specialist to protect the health and wellbeing of employees and to ensure that it is compliant with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations and the associated Approved Code of Practice.
The Safety and Health Surveillance Co-ordinator is to support various departments in the identification of their health surveillance risks and requirements. It will act as the technical interface between departments, Health and Safety, Human Resources and our external provider in co-ordinating the surveillance programme. The Co-ordinator will then oversee health surveillance programme delivery. Reporting to Head of HR, the Co-ordinator will also have a dotted line technical relationship to the Head of Safety and his team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- In conjunction with Human Resources, oversee all phases of the organisations health surveillance programme, including quality assuring and reviewing its delivery.
- Analyse and review risk assessments to identify the need for immunisation and continued health surveillance and inform departments of any identified issues.
- Advise on health and safety risks to establish health surveillance priorities and a organizations wide health & safety monitoring and delivery programme.
- Support and assist in the education and training of managers and employees in identification and management of health and safety risk.
As the ideal candidate you will have;
- Hold appropriate level of NEBOSH /Occupational Health qualification
- Experience of H &S or OH advice/activity in a large complex organisation including relevant biological/chemical/science knowledge
- Evidence of CPD
- Data analysis and data management skills
We look forward to receiving your application.