|Job Title:||Heritage Planning Consultant|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
- Promote projects with minimum supervision, acting as Project Administrator as appropriate.
- Develop client relationships by providing specialist heritage services.
- Where requested to advise upon the Heritage aspects of a development.
- To prepare heritage application submissions to include pre-application meetings and liaison with Local Planning Authority Conservation Officers, Historic England, English Heritage and HLF representatives and co-ordinating with other professionals involved in the project.
- Monitoring of heritage applications through the Local Planning Authority Development Control process in accordance with quality procedures.
- To advise upon all aspects of Heritage where required either for the development of land or for any extensions/alterations to heritage assets and developments which may affect the character and appearance of a Conservation Area.
- RIBA, RTPI or RICS membership.
- Conservation Accredited (AABC, IHBC, RIBA or RICS Conservation Register).
- Knowledge of UK national and local plan heritage policies relevant to the geographical area of Practice operation.
- Practical experience and understanding of conservation techniques and materials.
- Ability to prepare Conservation Area Appraisals, Historic Statements of Significance and Heritage Statements.
- Experienced in giving heritage evidence at appeal
- Experience in working with Historic England, English Heritage, the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and other heritage bodies involved in conservation work.
- Experience in undertaking condition surveys of historic assets including preparation of conservation led repair strategies.
- Ability to research history and significance of heritage assets
- Track record of working with historic assets including delivering heritage projects.
- Experience in writing specifications of repair and restoration and to administer construction contracts in the heritage sector.
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Heritage Planning Consultant in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!