||Heritage Planning Consultant
||UK - England - South East England, Oxfordshire - Abingdon
||£35K-45K per annum
||about 2 months ago
A chance to work for a leading private consultancy who prides itself on employee development, working on large scale, complex and exciting projects in a supportive and cooperative environment in Oxfordshire.
Our client is an innovative multi-disciplinary practice combining Architects, Town Planners and Urban Designers who pride themselves on being creative, sustainable, and client focused and have recently been awarded the Investors in People Gold accreditation. They are leading on the development of some nationally significant projects, including an entirely new settlement in the South of the UK. Due to the number of new promotions and schemes, they are currently looking to expand quite significantly to support their current work load. As such they require a Heritage Planning Consultant to join their team.
The role of Senior Planning Consultant
You will be providing first class advice on all heritage issues associated with the Architectural, Town Planning and Urban Design projects within the business.
As the main authority of Heritage and Conservation architecture within the business, you will also be managing bespoke heritage projects, and providing specialise heritage services for a broad range of clients.
Key job responsibilities:
- Promote projects with minimum supervision, acting as Project Administrator as appropriate.
- Develop client relationships by providing specialist heritage services.
- Where requested to advise upon the Heritage aspects of a development.
- To prepare heritage application submissions to include pre-application meetings and liaison with Local Planning Authority Conservation Officers, Historic England, English Heritage and HLF representatives and co-ordinating with other professionals involved in the project.
- Monitoring of heritage applications through the Local Planning Authority Development Control process in accordance with quality procedures.
- To advise upon all aspects of Heritage where required either for the development of land or for any extensions/alterations to heritage assets and developments which may affect the character and appearance of a Conservation Area.
To be considered for the role of Heritage Planning Consultant:
- RIBA, RTPI or RICS membership.
- Conservation Accredited (AABC, IHBC, RIBA or RICS Conservation Register).
- Knowledge of UK national and local plan heritage policies relevant to the geographical area of Practice operation.
- Practical experience and understanding of conservation techniques and materials.
- Ability to prepare Conservation Area Appraisals, Historic Statements of Significance and Heritage Statements.
- Experienced in giving heritage evidence at appeal
- Experience in working with Historic England, English Heritage, the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and other heritage bodies involved in conservation work.
- Experience in undertaking condition surveys of historic assets including preparation of conservation led repair strategies.
- Ability to research history and significance of heritage assets
- Track record of working with historic assets including delivering heritage projects.
- Experience in writing specifications of repair and restoration and to administer construction contracts in the heritage sector.
We look forward to receiving your application!