|Job Title:||Housing Architect|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Oxfordshire - Abingdon|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
Housing Architect (Layout designer)
A chance to work for a leading private consultancy who prides itself on employee development, working on large scale, complex and exciting projects in a supportive and cooperative environment in Oxfordshire.
Our client is an innovative multi-disciplinary practice combining Architects, Town Planners and Urban Designers who pride themselves on being creative, sustainable, and client focused and have recently been awarded the Investors in People Gold accreditation. They are leading on the development of some nationally significant projects, including an entirely new settlement in the South of the UK. Due to the number of new promotions and schemes, they are currently looking to expand quite significantly to support their current work load.
The role will cover all aspects of design work - this is specifically focussed on the delivery of design work relating to housing and site layouts primarily working within the established Urban Design Team.
Key job responsibilities:
- Experienced housing layout designer, with experience in both contemporary and traditional housing on Greenfield and redevelopment/regeneration schemes and a range of scales.
- Relevant layout design experience and previous employment with a house builder or practice in a similar field is essential.
- Responsibility for the production of sketch schemes and feasibility studies.
- Experience in preparing site layout designs for planning consent.
- Ability to create bespoke house types to suit specific site conditions in addition to working with standard developer house types.
- Ability to produce freehand drawings as well as technical detailed drawings.
- Strong 3D freehand drawing layout design skills desirable, including an ability to achieve both coverage and density.
- Excellent and in-depth house builder / developer knowledge.
- A good knowledge of master planning, urban design and strategic planning for large developments.
- An ability to input into Design and Access Statements including an awareness of opportunities and constraints.
- Project management skills are highly advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge of working with standard and nonstandard house types.
- Working knowledge of housing regulations, Local Authority standards, CDM Regulations, planning policies and building regulations.
- Providing supervision and support to junior members of the architectural / urban design teams where necessary.
- To work as part of a team for the design process including liaison and coordination of members of staff and other design team members, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Ability to manage a deliver work on time and to budget.
- Experience in using Vectorworks, Adobe Suite and Sketch Up, desirable but not essential.
Interested? Get in touch…
01202 888986 ext:298