|Job Title:||HSE Manager|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Our Client are the UK's leading independent distributor of mechanical equipment who are currently looking to recruit an experienced and professional HSE Manager with a background within a distribution operation for an interim 6 month FTC period in Staffordshire.
This position will require someone who is dynamic and able to produce detailed and accurate reports and meet deadlines on a regular basis. They will need to be driven, self-motivated and able to use their own initiative to manage workloads and priorities where appropriate. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing effective procedures, systems, processes and documentation required for the effective management of HS&E
- Manage the Health and Safety distribution network
- Leadership of manual handling and DSE assessments
- Manage Health and Safety seminars and keep staff up to date of current legislations
- Main focal point for all assistance and guidance to the operation for all HSE issues
- Identify trends within HS&E data to allow focus into sections requiring improvement.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Arrange meeting rooms, inviting guests, taking minutes, collating meeting packs.
- Take control of maintaining HS&E Management System files
- Conduct periodic audits of HS&E files to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency of procedure.
- Prepare HS&E Forum meetings
- Create inviting communication briefs and training presentations.
- Establish health and safety strategies, standards and safety management processes whilst monitoring compliance
- Create and Develop a robust Health and Safety plan that supports and adds to the business objectives and expansion as well as conducting regular reviews
- Liaise and advise senior management team and directors regarding the implications of current and emerging legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and set up action plans to ensure compliance across the distribution network.
- Manage the near misses, analysis of accident and other safety data to create management reports, identify trends and providing analysis.
- NEBOSH and Environmental Management (IEMA) Certificate
- Must be practiced with Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road & Sea requirements (ADR and IMDG), preferable a DGSA
- Have a logistics background
- Must have extensive experience in a similar role previously
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills and ability to identify statistical trends in data sets.
- Ability to produce documents of a high level of accuracy with a good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Able to demonstrable, create and interpret analytic output to convert meaningful reports using excel spreadsheets etc.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.