|Location:||West Sussex, West Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Jill Richmond|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
A leading UK consultancy are looking for a Hydrologist to join their Water and Environment Team, working alongside other hydrologists, modellers and engineering specialists. They are looking for a motivated individual to help grow the team and contribute to delivering projects whilst guiding more junior team members.
You will provide a significant contribution to delivering work on a wide variety of projects for a range of clients and will be given the opportunity to manage small projects.
The successful Hydrologist will:
- Undertake hydrological assessments on a range of studies, such as: flood risk assessments and flood mapping studies, and water cycle strategies and water framework directives
- Be responsible for the technical quality of work carried out
- Build and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Work alongside other team members in the business and support colleagues and assist where required
You will ideally have:
- a BSc or MSc in a relevant subject (Hydrology, Environmental Management or River Basin Dynamics)
- a background in water management or flood risk
- experience in UK hydrological methodologies and have applied them to rural and urban catchments
- knowledge of flood forecasting (ISI, PDM, NFFS, PRTF) - desirable
- experience of GIS packages (Arc, MapInfo, QGIS) - desirable
- experience or knowledge of hydraulic modelling software (ISIS/ Flood Modeller Pro / Tuflow / Infoworks) -desirable
- membership of a relevant institution with/or working towards Chartership
Location: West Sussex
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact me: Jill Richmond: 01202 888 986.