|Job Title:||Investment Associate|
|Salary:||£50000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Our Client is the first investment bank specializing in the development of renewable energy in Europe.
Headquarters in London, with offices in Europe and South Africa.
In the field of Private Equity they promote, co-finances and administer funds with the objective to identify, acquire, develop and manage investments in renewable energy, particularly electricity generation plants in Europe.
The group has a strong track record in sourcing, acquiring and managing operating solar assets.
Its objective is to secure attractive shareholder returns through RPI-linked dividends and long-term capital growth. The Company achieves this by acquiring solar power plants on agricultural, industrial, residential and commercial sites.
Their Group's operating asset management division, providing solar asset management, monitoring and other services to over 1,200 utility-scale solar power plants with an installed capacity in excess of 1.5 GW.
As a key member of the Transaction Team the Investment Associate, will take a lead role in all areas of the M&A lifecycle, including acquisition, development, management and disposition, across the UK solar energy sector.
Key responsibility will be supporting the Investment Vice-President and Investment Principal through relevant acquisition and management activities.
- Working closely with the Transaction Team and Principal will take ownership for leading on deals using the company's investment models / business tools and systems.
- Prepare, brief, structure and drive extensive Due Diligence activities against strict timescales, often with multiple counterparties; be able to articulate key deal terms, assumptions and sensitivities to other colleagues as necessary, orally and in writing.
- Take a proactive approach to understanding key deal drivers and be prepared to offer suggestions for improvement and enhancement of returns, risk mitigation and the continual development of the acquisition process.
- Ownership for the preparation and finalisation of IC Papers and other presentation materials (Deal Summaries etc.) as required.
- Ownership of pipeline reporting.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of various investment models / business tools in conjunction with the Financial Advisory team and Transaction Team.
- Become a student of the industry; collect and analyse macro/micro data on an ongoing basis to broaden market knowledge and enhance corporate decision making.
- Develop independent relationships with external brokers/agents/industry counterparts to support the collection of market intelligence and, where possible, potential deal leads.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management as necessary to support the business.
- Strong analytical financial modelling and valuation skills
- Ability to identify trends and give insights/recommendations for action;
- Committed team player with ability to work on own initiative and under pressure;
- Flexible approach to problem solving;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to manage large volumes of information and distil the salient facts and key risks into a summary format
- Ability to develop relationships and positively influence key internal and external customers and stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Project planning and self-management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt to and manage frequently changing priorities;
- Strong personality and ability to interact across cultures/geographies.
- M&A with Renewable Energy, preferably solar experience;
- A strong academic record with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Business and Administration;
- Proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)