|Job Title:||Lead Engineer - Applications Group (Enforcement)|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £49000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vicky Kenrick|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Lead Engineer - Applications Group (Enforcement)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Engineer to join our client who are a leading global engineering and technology services company who provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges.
You will join their Applications Engineering team responsible for the design and deployment of systems across the UK and Worldwide. The systems deployed typically utilise the core sub-systems and products from the Traffic Solutions product portfolio with configuration and project specific developments being the responsibility of the Application Engineering team.
- Act as lead technical representative in the accreditation and approval for new enforcement products, services, and improvement activities.
- Develop solutions for complex and unfamiliar systems that have a major business impact. Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements. Generate and evaluate conceptual solutions.
- Coach the wider enforcement team to foster technical excellence in junior team members.
The Successful candidate will have
- A Minimum BSc/BA in related STEM discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar professional role.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduled working across the UK and internationally.
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Ability to foresee, identify and understand problems, using logical and structured methodology to create solutions and escalate where necessary
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Experience in IP communications, specifically with the following technologies:
- Routing, Switching, and VPN for network design and problem solving.
- IPSec and VPN.
- Linux and Windows environment configuration.
- Virtualisation including VM Ware.
- Desirable - Expertise in traffic systems including ANPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems.
- Desirable - Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application. Please note that our website is always being updated with the latest job opportunities within Energy Services, Health & Safety, Environment, Planning, Engineering, Mining & Minerals and Renewable Energy.
This is one of many Health and Safety job opportunities provided through Allen & York.
Health & Safety includes Health & Safety Management, Risk, Quality/Assurance, Construction HSE and Corporate HSE
We look forward to receving your application