|Job Title:||Lead Project Engineer Telecoms - Rail|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client currently requires a Lead Telecoms Project Engineer to provide support to the existing telecoms team in delivering the telecommunications elements of railway based signalling projects. These include major and minor new build, renewals, and life extension projects.
- Responsible for supporting the Telecoms team and also working autonomously in delivering Railway based projects to time and budget.
- Act as Budget Holder/ Subcontractor Package Manager (includes directing Subcontractor project delivery).
- Chair and attend internal and client and supplier interface meetings.
- Ensuring that the telecoms implementation process meets the quality requirements for the specific project.
- Production and review of Railway Telecoms Design, Installation and Test & Commission documentation.
- Act as Telecoms CRE, when required.
- Provide accurate materials information to facilitate procurement process.
- Contribute to planning and resourcing activities associated with assigned project(s).
- Monitoring of progress against targets and initiating remedial action when necessary.
- Site Engineer works: liaising with suppliers, inspection of materials and quality of installation, monitoring working practices.
- Assist the bid team with the response to, and production of, invitations to tender [ITT].
As the successful applicant, you will have a thorough understanding of railway signalling and telecoms interfaces. You will also have:
- Good understanding of legacy and FTN transmission and Radio communication systems.
- Railway based Telecommunications design experience.
- Railway based Telecommunications Installation and Test experience.
- Proven experience delivering a number of varied railway based projects (or within similar safety critical environment).
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to both lead and work within a team.
- Understanding of Operational and Retail Railway Telecommunications, including FTN transmission and Radio communication systems.
- COSS / IWA PTS competency held within the last 4 years.
- Possess a relevant IRSE Licence (or is in the final stages of this process).
- In a position to apply for an IRSE Project Engineers Licence within 18 months.
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary + good bonus scheme. You will also receive a comprehensive reward package which includes generous holiday allowance and pension. Through the flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
If you are keen to hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Newman on 01202 888 986