|Job Title:||Leakage Area Manager|
|Location:||South of England|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is the number one Leakage detection company across the United Kingdom. They provide Leakage management solutions to ensure a sustainable environment for the future specialising in detection services, we are committed to key issues such as water leakage reduction management, water conservation and demand management.
As a first tier framework supplier to three of the largest Water Companies across the UK we provide our clients with solutions that deliver quality through effective contract management, innovation, and cost effective best practice. The business is continuing to grow and due to success is looking for experienced Leakage Managers who want to work in a fast growing company.
Your objective as Leakage Area Manager is to deliver effective and efficient performance management of an integrated team of Leakage Operatives; ensuring the execution of leakage detection campaigns and achieving the annual Company Reported Leakage target.
You will manage resources (people, assets, IT and finance) to meet regulatory and Company targets to ensure Wholesale infra delivers the highest standards for the lowest costs through great people.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will:
- Deliver a 5 out of 5 service for our customers all day every day
- Lead and inspire an engaged team of field operatives
- Ensure that all work in your area of control is carried out in a manner whereby:
- No-one gets hurt as a result of the work we do
- Our people are supported by excellent performance management
- We tell our customers when and where we are working and what we are doing
- We work in partnership with our business partners and colleagues
- We communicate daily with our teams and share team performance
- We look for improvements in the way we operate by minimising waste and speeding up our processes
- Lead & embed change within the team to deliver sustained improvements to performance
- You will lead performance improvement and sustainability.
- You will be responsible for managing a budget including operational and capital expenditure
- To co-ordinate staff, information and resources to enable prompt detection of leaks or consumption that affects the Leakage level including identification of unaccounted for water.
- To take targeting guidance from Proactive Network Control and prioritise the leakage activities accordingly. Collectively agree the campaign type to pursue, and audit/monitor the execution of campaigns through entry and exit interviews.
- Be responsible for working with the Distribution and R&M teams to deliver actions to improve Operability in your area
- Ensure sufficient labour / plant / transport / material resources are available to carry out both planned and reactive leak detection work in and out of hours.
- Ensure effective team working with all stakeholders, particularly with the R & M, and SW Teams
- Ensure regular inspections of vehicles, plant and equipment are carried out to ensure any defects are identified, reported and resolved.
- You will be required to take part in a standby rota to ensure 24/7 cover.
- Travel across the region will be required
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- A proven track record in managing, leading and inspiring teams in a pressurised, customer focused environment.
- Experience of dealing with complex employee relation and performance issues.
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams through times of change.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work to targets, to work under pressure and in emergency situations is essential.
- Budget experience including planning and control
- Operational and technical understanding of the repair and maintenance water distribution network and associated support activities and how to manage this through people to deliver excellent results
- Good network of contacts across the business to support delivery
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Good IT skills & leakage application / technology knowledge.
- Knowledge of work management and reporting systems.
- Must hold valid EU Skills National Hygiene accreditation card.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Good organisational skills.
- Extremely good customer facing skills is essential and GSS / SIM process awareness.
- Fully aware of H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA policies and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and present information in a clear, logical and informative way.
- The ability to lead and inspire diverse teams by providing clear direction, setting appropriate standards of behaviour and motivating and empowering others.
- Good analytical, facilitation and problem solving skills with the ability to understand Management Information and solve problems on a daily basis.
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to set clearly defined goals, manage time effectively and identify and organise resources needed to accomplish tasks.
- The ability to work productively in a high pressure environment whilst maintaining a positive and flexible attitude.
- The ability to make prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks.
- The ability to accept new ideas, change initiatives and adapt interpersonal style to suit different people or situations.
- To have a general interest in leakage detection concepts, leakage reporting complexities and seek to understand how Netbase works to report.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information please contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986