|Job Title:||Leakage Area Manager|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£26000.00 - £32000.00 per annum + Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Leakage Area Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
To ensure the effective and efficient management of the Service Provider's County Team to deliver the services and achieve the annual Company Reported Leakage target.
- To manage the Service Provider's County Leakage team to meet all performance targets.
- To co-ordinate staff, information and resources to enable prompt detection of leaks or consumption that affects the client's Leakage level.
- To ensure resource costs/hours are accurately captured and input to enable accurate monthly financial application.
- To ensure team complies with H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA procedures.
- To ensure sufficient labour/plant/transport/material resources are available to carry out both planned and reactive leak detection work in and out of hours.
- Ensure performance targets are met by the Distribution Team by challenging outstanding leaks and prioritisation of repairs.
- To liaise with MSF Service Provider and challenge repair performance delivery of outstanding leaks and the prioritisation of repairs.
- To provide direction and focus on performance management of all leak detection staff (direct and indirect staff) to Team Leaders to ensure service levels are met and to formulate plans for improvement.
- Ensure effective team working and liaison with the client's staff.
- Ensure that County team on site are supported and audited in their awareness of procedures and technical competence.
- Coach direct reports to develop and improve.
- Ensure adherence with Southern Water procedures and to work with Leakage District Manager to continuously improve procedures.
- To ensure that data for which the Service Provider has responsibility is complete, accurate and consistent with Leakage Operational requirements for audit.
- Ensure all the clients Leakage and corporate systems are updated and maintained to reflect the current status of framework agreement activities.
- To ensure all members of the Service Provider's team are trained and qualified to perform their duties.
- Ensure all vehicles and plant are properly maintained and inspected to comply with all relevant legislation.
- Be an ambassador for the Leakage Team in customer relations, both internally and externally.
- Hold monthly briefings with staff and contractors.
- Assistance in DG2/DG3 Incidents and Emergency Events.
- To act as a Competent Person under the Southern Water's Safe Control of Operations Process (SCO): Certification of Competent Person in terms of same.
- Minimum 5 years Leakage/Water operational experience and 3 GCSE's including English.
- Must understand the workings of Distribution systems.
- Full driving licence required.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Experience of running and motivating an Operational team.
- Good Line Management skills and performance management capability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT Skills & Leakage application/technology knowledge.
- Knowledge of work management and reporting systems e.g. Ellipse/Cognos.
- Ability to work to targets, to work under pressure and in emergency situations is essential.
- Must have drive and enthusiasm and the ability to coach staff effectively.
- Must hold valid EU Skills National Hygiene accreditation card.
- Required to be accredited for NRSWA (Supervisor) level.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to represent the Service Provider and the client internally and externally.
- Budget control ability and experience.
- Extremely good customer facing skills is essential and GSS/SIM process awareness.
- Fully aware of H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA policies and standards.
For more information contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.