|Job Title:||Leakage Data Technician/Analyst - Water|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Contact Name:||James Pearson|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Leakage Data Technician/Analyst
You will be working with our prestigious client who is a large national Multi Utilities organisation who is the number one Leakage detection company across the United Kingdom. They provide Leakage management solutions to ensure a sustainable environment for the future specialising in detection services, they are committed to key issues such as water leakage reduction management, water conservation and demand management.
Skills & Experience:
* A minimum of 3 years leakage operational experience and NVQ Level 2 or QCF equivalent
qualification in Leak Detection (note that 30% of staff shall be qualified to NVQ Level 3
within 12 months).
* Must understand the workings of Distribution systems.
* Full driving licence required.
* Must have analytical skills and experience of interpreting flow and pressure data.
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to operate Geographical Information Systems and Flow Monitoring software.
* Ability to operate electronic mobile communications devices,
* A basic knowledge of domestic bye-laws and water quality requirements,
* Good IT Skills essential.
* Knowledge of leak detection technology and leak detection techniques,
* Ability to work to alone and to targets is essential.
* Must have drive and enthusiasm.
* New Roads and Street Works Act (1991) Unit 2 accreditation.
* Good problem solving ability.
* Extremely good customer facing skills is essential and GSS/SIM process awareness.
* Fully aware of H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA policies and standards.
Main Purpose of Job:
To ensure that all field work activities are supported by the provision of good quality data and
Intelligent targeting of resources to deliver the services to the Water Company.
* Responsible for the intelligent targeting of field resources by analysis and interpretation of available Service Provider and Water company data.
* Liaison with key interfaces (including Service Provider Area Manager and Team Leaders
and Water company staff) over operational activities and incidents.
* Responsible for the collection of Service Provider or Water company flow and pressure
logging data to meet reporting targets.
* Carry out night working as appropriate to the work activity being undertaken (i.e. step
Testing or DMA trouble-shooting activity requiring Technician attendance).
* Installation and interrogation of flow and pressure logging equipment.
* Undertake repairs or replacement to flow or pressure loggers in conjunction with the
Water company procedures and ensure the update of the Water company's systems.
* Ensuring housekeeping of the electronic mobile communication device is maintained.
* Ensuring effective evaluation of new leakage technology on site.
* Working with the Water company to identify/improve Leakage operational procedures.
* Ensure communication with internal and external interfaces and parties to ensure that
unwanted calls are not received into the business from customers/agencies.
* To act as a Competent Person under the Water company's Safe Control of Operations
Process (SCO): Certification of Competent Person in terms of same.