|Job Title:||Leakage Detection Operator|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£22500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Collins|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Leakage Detection Operator
Our client are looking to recruit a Leakage Detection Operator to operate their new leakage detection unit in order to identify water system leaks.
- Supporting the on-site delivery of their new technology;
- Ensure that equipment works to its specification and meets client requirements;
- Coordinate between customer requests on site and/or failures of the equipment;
- When possible, trouble-shoot. When necessary, report to expert manufacturing teams;
- Deal with technical, quality and H&S parts of delivery;
- Support the technical team in undertaking feasibility reviews and working up outline proposals for the works and design of services;
- Establish improvements to and offer advice on operational procedures;
- Prepare reports on site activity;
- Be available for on-call work (when required for the project).
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 GCSEs and will have street works qualifications at supervisor level (in line with the New Roads and Street Works Act).
Experience of a similar role within the UK water industry (with particular experience in leakage detection), as well as experience of drinking water networks (e.g. valve operations etc) and an understanding of GIS plans is required.
They are looking for someone who can work efficiently and independently and is able to work to tight deadlines. They must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a customer service oriented approach. Computer literacy is also required.
The role requires a proactive and flexible candidate who has the availability to travel throughout the UK and be available to work out of hours when required.
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role as is possession of a CSCS card and a National Water Hygiene (EUSR) card.