|Job Title:||Legal specialist|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Allen & York are recruiting a Legal Advisor for a Saudi Arabia headquartered company operates construction and manufacturing businesses, design & development throughout Middle East region and other countries
They are involved in renewable energy, Electrical, Electromechanical and Civil Engineering Construction
Reporting to: Vice President, EPC - Construction
Providing support for Renewable Energy and Power Generation business units during bid and proposal, contract formation and execution phases. The Candidate must thoroughly review and negotiate complex terms and conditions with client and obtain management approval of deviations in accordance with Risk Assessment Guidelines. The Candidate will primarily support Renewable Energy and Power Generation business activities and also to provide overflow support in order to assure the highest quality and adequacy of the agreement as it relates to the services provided.
- Provide legal support to the sales and business organizations through drafting amendments, terminations, settlements and dispute resolution, renewals, service agreements, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Consortium Agreements and other types of agreements as required. Negotiate complex project or service contracts developing strategy, ploys and the tactics required to protect and support Company's reputation for fair business practices and ethics.
- Technologies where the candidate must have proven track record in
- Combined Cycle Power Generation projects EPC as well as OEM contracts.
- Renewable energy development all related contractual documents (PPA, LLA, Grid Connection) in CSP, Wind, PV Technologies.
- Assisting the business in compliance with all various legal requirements. Advising on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business and ensuring that the legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted. Representing the company in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes. Advising and ensuring the business in compliance with the necessities of legislation involving data protection. Supervising, researching and analyzing implication of case law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the company and reporting them back to the Head.
- Anticipate contracting issues and initiate appropriate actions to ensure contractual documents are processed efficiently and in accordance with business unit practices and company policies and guidelines.
- Assist attorneys in their work with Public Relations (Corporate Identity) and various proponent departments on the maintenance and protection of the Company's trademarks, logos and brands.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including NDAs & terms and conditions, as well as involvement in tender and contract preparation.
- Assist with general corporate matters, project financing, and review and negotiation of various agreements including purchase and sale and construction agreements
- Exercise reasonable judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining contracting solutions.
- Interface with various internal business units (Finance, Technical Accounting, Regulatory, Intellectual Property, etc.) to ensure contractual documents are drafted correctly to ensure revenue can be recognized appropriately.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and writing skills in English, a willingness to take initiative, the ability to work without significant supervision, and superior interpersonal skills. The candidate should gain an understanding of the Company's philosophy and approach to research and collaboration agreements with third parties, ownership of intellectual property, the desire to be recognized as a technological leader within the industry and exploitation of intellectual property assets. Ability to grasp complex areas of law rapidly and accurately.
- Master's degree in Energy and Environment Law (or)
- Master's degree in International Business Law
- Minimum Experience: 7-12 Years of proven experience with graduate level work emphasizing Renewable Energy, Power Generation Business, Business Administration or Engineering relating to global markets
We look forward to receiving your application
For more information please contact Ghadir Shaar on +971 4 446 9828
ALLEN & YORK is a leading sustainability recruitment consultancy across the Middle East.
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.