|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - East Midlands|
|Salary:||£11.39 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Maintenance Technician - Water
The objective of the Maintenance department is to maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability. The team cover Water Production sites across the whole of the Staffordshire county area. As part of this role you will also be expected to carry out operational duties for which training will be given
• Maintain and repair process control loops for pump control and chemical dosing.
• Carry out the repair and maintenance of electrical motor drive systems and associated control systems including Inverter drives and basic motor starting.
• Fault diagnostics, repair and modification of programmable logic controllers and ladder logic.
• Maintain, repair and calibrate all types of instrumentation including pressure / temperature transducers, probes and multiple types of flow and depth technology.
• Support the company’s drive to improve safety standards.
• Responsible for ensuring all activities are performed in a safe and diligent manner to ensure regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following activities that are carried out.
• Must be willing to train as an electrical Senior Authorised Person, LV (SAP).
• Must be able to wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus – training will be provided
• The successful candidate will participate in a stand-by rota and will be able to work from home using a Company Van.
• Significant experience installing and maintaining instrumentation and electrical equipment.
• Significant experience working with industrial equipment (motors, starters, invertors etc.)
• Experience undertaking fault diagnostics and resolving issues in a timely manner.
• Experience working with process control style instrumentation and control technology.
• Working knowledge of basic industrial electrical installation requirements and standards.
• Working knowledge of PLC control, ladder logic data paths and Scada type systems.
• Experience working with various IT systems.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have: In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have: Positive team player with the ability to work alone using own initiative.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify complex information to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to provide a variety of solutions to problems that arise.
• Flexible working approach with the confidence and ability to respond quickly to many different situations that can arise.
• Ability to keep calm and work well under pressure.
• Willingness and motivation to develop and learn within the role.
• BTEC, HNC, City Guilds or equivalent qualification in related subject area.
• A full valid UK Driving Licence Desirable
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent in related subject area.
• Time Served Apprenticeship Instrumentation / Electrical.
• 17th edition Electrical Regulations.
• Electrical Inspection and Testing