|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - Yorkshire and the Humber, East Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Mechanical Engineer – Water
West Yorkshire - Leeds
My client create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunnelling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
My client is a leading provider of professional and technical support to the water industry, local government and private developers.
They are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer with proven technical capacity to join our water team.
You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team on a challenging mix of projects in water and wastewater engineering. If you are interested in working in a thriving business as part of a motivated and growing team, driving innovation and sustainable solutions then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Carrying out outline and detailed mechanical design, preparing schedules, drawings and specifications and assisting with project delivery.
- Carry out site surveys and produce technical feasibility reports.
- Carry out equipment sizing calculation.
- Experience in delivery of project deliverables such as P & IDs, general arrangements, data sheets, pump calculation and scope of works documentation etc.
- Support the full project cycle, work closely with site team to provide installation and commissioning support.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure that accurate information is available to the wider team.
- Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design standards and legislation.
- Check and verify engineering documents in line with the technical and quality plan.
- Technical checking of work.
- Ability to manage your work to programme, cost and quality requirements.
- Experience of delivering H& S by design, compliance to CDM regulations.
- Working closely with the supply chain and performing technical bid analysis of their design.
- Experience in HAZOP, HAZID, DSEAR and SWIFT processes.
- Design experience within the Water Industry sector including in areas such as potable water production and distribution, waste water treatment and sludge treatment, pumping systems and chemical dosing plants.
- Chartered or nearing Chartered Engineer.
- Excellent report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
- Confidence and experience of meeting with internal and external clients and of producing proposals.
- Willingness to travel to meet the needs of specific projects is desirable
- Experience of design at all stages from concept to commissioning
- Analytical and problem solving, attention to detail and creative thinking.
- Experience in design and build projects would be advantageous.
- Expert user of Microsoft office suite, Microsoft project experience will be beneficial.
- Some level of commercial awareness.
- Experience of AutoCAD software will be advantageous.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Working towards Member of Professional Institution (IMechE or equivalent).