|Job Title:||O&M Cost Manager - Industrial Energy Assets|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Bo Derkx|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
O&M Cost Manager Industrial Energy Assets
Home Based UK Coverage
ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting for an O&M Cost Manager to work within the Business Development function of a world renowned energy services organization. Our client works with a range of mostly industrial clients, to deliver on-site energy generation and ancillary equipment such as gas/steam turbines, reciprocating CHP engines, steam raising boiler plant, fuel handling, flue gas treatment, water treatment etc.
Working alongside senior business development managers and a bid management team, the Technical Manager is responsible for establishing the operational costs of proposed energy asset projects.
This role will have a critical impact to the business development team in relation to technical understanding and cost build up for industrial and energy asset related proposals.
The role holder will model and forecast anticipated OPEX costs for proposed projects to complement the bid management's outline of CAPEX costs, to provide clients with a complete overview of costs associated with proposed projects.
This position will require the understanding of the challenges of industrial customers and be able to compile energy, asset, operational, environmental costs from associated related information to meet the needs of business developers and ultimately the customers.
Main responsibilities of the Business Development Technical Manager
- Develop cost effective operational cost solutions with the business development team and contribute to proposals for new business opportunities
- Provide ad hoc technical support and advice on industrial energy / utilities asset matters to the Business Development team.
- Produce long term integrated operation and maintenance cost models in a spreadsheet format for new business opportunities in District Energy / Healthcare and Industrial Utilities
- Undertake site survey's to gather information and develop energy and utilities solutions.
- Assist Business Development Managers to develop the technical and operational aspect of proposals through customer meetings and liaison with the technical / operational and other company teams.
- Support Business Development Managers in the preparation of proposals, in response to tenders, direct requests from customers and other sources
- Provide operational and technical experience such that proposals developed are operationally, technically and commercially viable.
- Typical assets include gas turbines, steam turbines, reciprocating CHP engines, steam raising boiler plant, fuel handling, flue gas treatment, water treatment and all associated equipment in typical industrial utilities and customer site located supply arrangements.
Qualifications or Required Experience
- An experienced professional within the Energy Services field working with industrial and / or utilities Customers developing energy related solutions to predominantly energy generation and conversion challenges
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Working to Engineering Best Practice standards.
- Understanding of technical solutions and commercial models for energy projects is preferred but, for the right candidate, further training will be provided.
- Understanding and working with financial and commercial spreadsheet models
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer and / or degree qualifications in a relevant energy or engineering related discipline.
- Ability to work as part of a larger group, or as a leader, depending on the circumstances
We look forward to receiving your application.