|Job Title:||Operational Improvement Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Operational Improvement Consultant - Water
London, Midlands, North England
This role involves working in a dynamic, challenging and stimulating environment with opportunities to apply their knowledge and expertise to a range of business projects.
Our client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. They make a positive difference in the world. As a wholly independent organisation, owned in trust for the benefit of employees with no shareholders or external investors they determine their own business priorities and direction.
Operations consulting is a multi-disciplinary team bringing together specialist skills in people, processes and assets to deliver excellence to our clients. The immediate team includes psychologists, human factors, change experts, asset management specialists, operational practitioners, logistics specialists and digital experts working across a range of different industry sectors. The team also works closely with a large number of my clients engineering teams including specialist water engineers. The team covers UK, Middle East and Africa, but also works closely with other teams across the world.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Consultant with extensive knowledge of the water sector, experience of operational management and change management to strengthen the water team and contribute to growing the business.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a high performing collaborative team and contribute to a range of exciting and interesting projects to further develop your skills and help deliver successful outcomes for their clients.
You will be familiar with business development, leading projects and providing specialist input to large scale change projects in a consultancy environment.
The role will involve working as part of multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects within water and other sectors.
You will be driven and motivated water consultant who has a real passion for delivering change, and will be required to apply specialist skills on a range of exciting client projects and help to grow the business and skills in this area. You'll also be comfortable with working autonomously and leading projects and small teams in a consulting environment and fit into the working culture of our client.
- Working alongside our clients to help understand business risks and opportunities for improvement and develop solutions that will lead to a range of change projects
- Deliver sustainable and inspiring improvements to people, process and technical elements of our clients businesses.
- Develop and deliver stakeholder engagement and communication strategies
- Business development activity working with clients to understand their needs and form compelling proposals for consultancy services
- Ability to develop and build strong client relationships and command the confidence of others, internally and externally
- Lead and manage projects, commercials and small teams
- Leading business development activities such as attending client meetings and writing proposals
- Engaging with a range of internal stakeholders to help influence other disciplines on engagement best practices.
- Contributing to the design and delivery of our Water Advisory service offerings
- Continually seek to broaden knowledge and contact base, including awareness of broader business, economic and political environment
- Strong knowledge, skills and experience in the Water Industry
- Strong operational management background and experience
- Experience of developing and implementing change management projects
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and communications including at senior strategic level
- Competent in interpreting technical information into clear communications for user groups
- Experience of working in a consulting environment in transformational change
- Ability to work autonomously
- Lead and be part of a growing team
- Be driven and motivated to work in a consulting environment
- Ability to work to strict client deadlines
- Adopt an organised, methodological and creative approach to problem solving and decision making
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and acumen
- Track record of successful project delivery
- Proven business development skills and successes
- Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Experience of working in aviation, energy, manufacturing sectors
- Experience of working within IT Change projects
- Experience working in Asset Management projects
- Experience of digital technology and asset information projects governance, instrumentation, control, automation, telemetry to enhance operations
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline Environment the Operations team comprises of approximately 50 staff across the London, Midlands and Northern England. Office facilities are open plan, built with the latest sustainable technologies and providing a lively and engaging work environment.
- You will be required to travel to client sites throughout the UK on a regular basis, which will be determined by the needs of a project, therefore, a full clean driving license would be required.