|Job Title:||Planner - Rail, Aviation and Highways|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England|
|Salary:||+ Pension and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Clare Vachell|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Planner – Rail, Aviation, Highways
ALLEN & YORK are currently working with one of our long standing clients, a leading global consultancy. Our client is seeking an experienced Planner or someone in the early stages of their planning career to work in various teams to be based in the North West.
You will be working on some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects which will be diverse and technically demanding. Working for a consultancy that has an enviable reputation in the industry, delivering high profile projects. You will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining project schedules and associated breakdown structures for effective project planning and progress monitoring. This will include the development and application of planning best practice to ensure consistency in schedule definition and development and delivery of integrated portfolio, programme and project plans.
Position Description for Planner
- Develop and maintain programme or project schedules and manage the coordination of activities at project level ensuring alignment and integration
- Develop the process and framework used to define, maintain, report and control schedules, identify interfaces, promote and monitor milestone definition sheets, establish baselines, code and resource schedules.
- Ensure consistent application, effective and timely delivery of time management
- Work with Programme and Project Managers to confirm project scope, define work breakdown structures and develop the activity schedules and milestone definitions, manage the alignment of scope, time and cost in the schedule through coding, resource loading, logic linking and establishing performance measurement baselines to record and track progress.
- Work with Cost Managers to integrate time and cost through cost and resource loaded schedules
- Work with Risk Managers and project teams to identify and drive down risk to agreed plans, ensuring that potential conflicts are understood and make sound proposals to mitigate each risk.
- Work with Risk and Cost teams to develop summary schedules for monte carlo analysis, run QRAs and provide analytical support using QRA outputs
- Work with the Change Manager to assess the impacts of change on the schedule and provide constructive but determined challenge to schedule change e.g. challenge schedule assumptions and logic.
- Provide expert input at planning workshops, protect integrity of schedules and alignment to execution plans.
- Provide presentations, coaching and facilitation in the use of planning software
- Apply critical path analysis to facilitate de-risking of the plan.
- Run schedule integrity checks using appropriate tools to ensure plans are of appropriate quality and integrity
- Produce progress reports showing variance against the baselines, including RAG status reports based against time
- Provide guidance and undertake earned value analysis to inform proactive decision making and risk mitigation
- Complete and close out schedule activities to capture as built data for time and cost benchmarking
You will have:
- Engineering based degree or similar. Working towards a recognised qualification in Project Controls (NVQ level 3).
- Experience in working with Programme and Project Managers to clarify scope and build appropriate schedules to aid management activities
- In-depth and broad understanding of planning as applied in major construction environments, coupled with extensive expertise in the development/maintenance of project and programme baselines (principally within a Primavera P6 toolset) and their utilisation in generating earned value management information.
- Experience operating within a complex project controls environment.
- Demonstrable experience of proactively capturing and reviewing lessons learnt to support changes to procedures to build best practice.
In return you will receive a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working environment, attention to development and a competitive remuneration package. You will have endless opportunities for impact and freedom for initiatives.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Clare Vachell at ALLEN & YORK or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.