|Job Title:||Planning Officer - FTC|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Sussex - Midhurst|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Planning Officer – FTC
We are very pleased to be working with a unique and dynamic authority in West Sussex who are at the forefront of developing and monitoring policies that conserve and enhance the natural environment.
Our client requires the experience of knowledgeable and competent Planning professional for a 9 month FTC to join and help lead a small team specialising in local and neighborhood plans.
You will support local communities in the preparation of their neighbourhood development plans and neighbourhood development orders, and work with local communities to ensure that Neighbourhood Development Plans are prepared in line with extant and emerging development plan policies.
- Encourage promoters of neighbourhood plans to ensure the active participation of the local population in their preparation.
- Supervise all aspects of the authority’s responsibilities in the relationship with the Local Plan in the preparation of Neighbourhood Plans / Neighbourhood Development Orders to ensure all investigations and consultations are carried out and information analysed
- Prepare submissions and representations to the examiners of draft neighbourhood plans
- Monitor and review of the authority’s approach to neighbourhood planning
- Consider national guidance, policy documents and plans of other authorities, and other relevant studies and research, and to prepare, analyse and make recommendations to enable the authority to follow best practice in supporting Neighbourhood Planning
- Contribute to the development of the Local Plan and other planning policies
- Represent the authority at public meetings and public inquiries, including giving presentations or acting as an expert policy witness, as appropriate
- Provide data to inform and monitor service performance and planning budgetary information as required
- Experience of local planning work
- Experience of helping communities develop their own plans and/or of engaging communities in the planning process
- Relevant degree/diploma in planning or a related subject
- Membership of, or working towards membership of, the RTPI
- Ability to explain complex issues to local people in non-technical jargon
- Excellent planning, time management& organisational skills
- Clear logical & constructive approach to solving problems & addressing difficult issues
- Ability to communicate orally, graphically, numerically and in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Competent in using various IT packages & systems
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively & independently & consistently produce high quality outputs
- Full driving licence/access to own vehicle insured for business use
If you are interested in this position please apply as soon as possible. If you require any additional information please contact;
Sarah Kerr – Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986