|Job Title:||PLC Programmer (Storage) - Renewable Energy|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a world leading developer of Renewable Energy projects.
As energy supply becomes more decentralised and renewable energy makes up a greater percentage of the energy mix, applications where multiple technologies are deployed on the same site will become increasingly common. Controlling a diverse range of technologies will be a key challenge in the future that the Energy Management System project is aiming to address. The development of this control system is particularly important for Energy Storage and Off-Grid businesses.
The PLC Programmer (Contract) will be part of the Group Engineering function, with a direct reporting line to the Senior C&I Engineer.
- Support the Senior C&I engineer in the implementation of the energy management system for energy storage.
- Develop Allen Bradley Controllogix PLC code to provide high level control to the following systems, either individually or in any combination of the following:
- Energy storage systems
- Solar farms
- Wind farms
- Diesel generators
- Other generators and loads
- Develop Allen Bradley Controllogix PLC code for islanded / microgrid systems consisting of any of the above items of plant.
- Develop best practice for future development of PLC code within the company.
- Document PLC code created during the project for use as an Operation and Maintenance manual.
- Provide support and develop project PLC code as required for energy storage projects on a global basis.
- Provide support to projects outside energy management as required by the business
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Ladder Logic PLC programming language and best practice
- Knowledge of optimising PLC code for speed of response
- Knowledge of Power Industry communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850)
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Controllogix and Compactlogix PLCs
- PLC programming in Allen Bradley ladder logic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to document work
- Programming of PLCs. Allen Bradley Controllogix and Compactlogix is a requirement, others (Siemens, GE Fanuc, Mitsubishi) etc is an advantage)
- On site implementation and testing of SCADA systems
- Experience of working within the Power Generation Industry would be beneficial
- Degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or equivalent qualifications with additional experience
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.