|Job Title:||Portfolio Director - Energy|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + car + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Our Client is a fast-growing UK fund management business with leading positions in several specialist sectors.
As an entrepreneurial company, they work hand-in-hand with some of the most successful entrepreneurs and management teams in the country to help finance companies capable of creating, transforming or dominating their industry. They invest in both private companies and those listed on the Alternative Investment Market.
They are looking for an experienced Portfolio Director to oversee financial, operational and risk reporting to their managed entities and third party banks invested in Energy generation technologies
- The operational activities of the investee companies include the construction and operation of solar power parks, landfill gas generation, anaerobic digestion systems, wind farms and biomass generators.
- Aside from one large investment, most of the investee companies do not have employees and the operational activities of the companies are either outsourced or managed by their Technical team.
- The financial cash and accounting systems of these companies are managed by a team of accountants and others reporting to the Finance Director.
- The Portfolio Director will have a team of 3-4 accountants, modellers and analysts.
- This team will call on management accounts and operational reports from the investee companies to produce regular and accurate reports as required.
- In addition to reporting, the Portfolio Director will identify and mitigate risk within the Portfolio as well as supporting any transactions within the portfolio and ensuring that any post acquisition obligations are delivered as required.
- They will also oversee and drive cash movements through the investment structures.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of managing levered asset investments, not necessarily within the energy sector though this would be an advantage.
- The candidate must have a technical background or significant experience in working with operational technology.
- He/she will have a proven ability to grasp complex technical issues, to prioritise them effectively and to communicate them succinctly.
- He/she will have good modelling skills and an ability to drive modelling strategy as well as a deep understanding of valuations and project finance.
- Provide effective and proactive people management and support and coach his/her reports
- Scrutinise all operational reports, clarifying as necessary, in order to ensure all material risks and issues are managed, reported and considered in financial forecasts.
- Work with the asset optimisation teams and advisors as necessary to improve returns and drive value enhancement across the portfolio
- Oversee the delivery and accuracy of regular and ad hoc reports as required. The reports will include:
- Weekly detailed cash flows for the investors
- Monthly KPIs and operational updates
- Quarterly valuations and KPIs
- Lender cash and covenant reports as required (mostly bi-annual)
- Proactively identify risks to returns within the portfolio (such as interest rate or energy price fluctuations or supplier insolvencies) and propose strategies for mitigating them
- Ensure all transaction obligations (such as conditions subsequent) are delivered accurately and on time
- Model or oversee the modelling used to provide cash forecasts and valuations
- Forecast, manage and drive the movement of cash through the investee company substructures
- Review the efficiency of the investment structures with respect to tax and cash movements, project managing optimisation initiatives as necessary
For further information please contact Sally Woods