|Job Title:||Power Supply Design Engineer|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Power Supply Design Engineer
Power Supplies and Build-to-Print Services for Special Projects.
* Support in the preparation of Technical Proposals including development unit prices and non-recurring engineering costs.
* The design and development of new projects to meet the customer requirements and current legislation.
* Recording all aspects of the project design, development and design proving activities in Project Log Books and in accordance with the Engineering Instructions.
* Hardware test and de-bugging both at company facilities and customer premises as required and agreed by the Director of Engineering.
* Support of the Production Department in areas relating to the design and performance of production hardware as required and agreed by the Director of Engineering.
* To prepare for and attend meetings with customers as required by Programme Plans and schedules.
* To liaise with Manufacturing, the Mechanical Design Team and other Engineering Operatives on all aspects relating to the design and development of engineering projects over which he/she has authority.
* To attend and support, or chair as necessary, internal Design Reviews.
* To supervise Technicians and/or more junior Engineers in the support of engineering projects over which he/she has authority with the agreement of the Director of Engineering.
* Experienced Power Supply Design Engineer with a degree in electronic engineering.
* A minimum of 5 years (ideally more) design experience in the field of industrial, communications or military power supplies.
* Reporting to the Director of Engineering, capable of providing technical and cost control of own development projects.
* Proven conceptual design experience and an ability to design to low and medium volume production cost targets.
* A self-starting and motivated individual.
* Commercially aware, with good communication and interpersonal skills and able to interface with the customer at a high technical level.
* An ability to schedule your own workload.
* Experience of high levels of customer contact.