|Job Title:||Power Systems Engineer - Grid|
|Location:||Republic of Ireland,|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client have become a leading independent developer and operator of renewable energy projects in wind, bioenergy and solar on the island of Ireland and in Great Britain.
Their Technical Team is currently seeking an experienced, solutions focused, electrical grid / engineering specialist with a track record in energy supply and proven ability in working with NIE/SONI and ESB/Eirgrid grid codes and/or power system electrical principles.
- Key activities include renewable energy electrical design, feasibility studies, land acquisition, site selection/evaluation, due diligence and grid feasibility studies.
- Renewable energy project electrical design;
- Liaison with ESB, Eirgrid, NIE and SONI to deliver cost competitive connections within agreed project schedules.
- Input into the site selection process for new projects, utilizing knowledge of the grid network and to secure grid capacity for projects
- Managing compliance of projects within respective grid codes;
- Submission of robust and complete grid connection applications forms to grid operators;
- Co-ordinate and review the work of external consultants for projects as required;
- Managing electrical connections / installations for renewable energy construction projects and
- Provision of technical direction to team members and junior staff.
- A minimum of three years of related experience (a track record of working with NIE/SONI and ESB/Eirgrid a distinct advantage);
- Third level qualification in Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- Proven track record in energy supply and / or power system electrical principles;
- Strong theoretical knowledge of electrical components and understanding of connecting generators to the grid infrastructure;
- Understanding of the principles surrounding the renewable industry and the costs involved with connecting to the grid infrastructure;
- Project Management knowledge and skills as well as experience regarding project management and realisation of electrical infrastructure advantageous;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work independently towards challenging targets;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet pressure deadlines;
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills; with the ability to report in a precise manor to senior management.
- Excellent team player, goal-orientated, dynamic and entrepreneurial in nature, with the skill to motivate others successfully.
Travel will be required to sites within Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (a full driving license required).