|Job Title:||Power Systems Specialist|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client is a technical consultancy specialising in advising upon commercial and technical risk for Renewable Energy projects all over the world.
As part of their continued growth, they are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Engineering Consultant.
The candidate will be responsible for most elements of technical assessments involved in the MV/HV side of renewable power plants, including:
- MV/HV, Electrical calculations and design
- Technical studies related with the grid connection.
- Technical assessment of switchgear, transformers, cables and other MV/HV equipment
- Cable Sizing
- MV/HV technical equipment reviews and specifications
- Grid connection applications, agreements, offers and PPA's
- Research and development
- Development of new tools and bespoke client solutions
- Site inspections in the UK, and abroad if necessary
- Proposal and report Writing
- Quality checking of self and others' work
- Degree or Master's degree in electrical / power engineering
- 3+ years of experience in the electrical power systems industry
- Experience in power systems for renewable installations, preferably in PV and/or Wind
- Working knowledge of switchgear, transformers, cables and other MV/HV equipment
- Experience of electrical power systems modelling
- Strong interest in renewable energy
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver reports using clear and concise written English
- Ability to interface with Clients
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Willingness to work cross discipline (solar, wind, biomass) where necessary
- Proactive, adaptable and multi-skilled
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work in UK and at our other offices, and potentially overseas, to remote areas, or to meetings
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Experience of electrical power systems modelling using one or more of the simulation software: DigSilent Power Factory, ETAP. Programming skills preferred
- Familiarity with PV industry and PV systems including modules, inverters, transformers, mounting structures, cabling
- Experience of PV systems performance analysis and detailed operational assessment.
- Experience using PVSyst software
- The candidate will also have to liaise with sub-contractors on a regular basis and where necessary be responsible for their inputs to projects.
The candidate will be responsible for managing some projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate, who has the proven experience of the above, to secure a position in the company as they embark on a period of expansion.