|Job Title:||PR & Communications Manager|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Our client is an award winning tech company founded in 2011. Their mission is to help small online businesses grow by providing instant access to working capital. Since launch in 2012, they have already lent over £70M to thousands of SMEs through their award-winning technology platform. The working environment is highly entrepreneurial, with people who work hard and are hands on.
Due to their growth and success, they are looking for a PR & Communications Manager to come onboard and help raise their current public profile.
As PR & Communications Manager, you will be responsible for building and implementing a successful PR strategy and promoting with key spokespeople, including the CEO. As the only member of our team dedicated to PR, you'll need to be confident, proactive and ambitious there is huge opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
You will be:
- Developing a smart PR strategy that reaches customers and investors.
- Crafting a story for the company for each audience, using data as appropriate.
- Writing sharp content (e.g. opinion pieces) that journalists will care about.
- Building and nurturing relationships with relevant journalists.
- Managing and supporting our external PR agency, ensuring that we feed them with content and make the most of their expertise.
- Setting clear KPIs to measure your own performance against.
- 1 - 4 years of relevant agency or in-house PR experience (2+ years preferred).
- An excellent understanding of how the UK press works and what makes journalists tick.
- Specific knowledge of local, trade of financial press preferred.
- Perfect written English and a passion for crafting crisp, clear stories.
- You should be comfortable working in finance and using stats to support your argument.
- Great communication skills and the enthusiasm to sell our story to a sceptical pool of journalists.
- The ideal candidate has worked in a startup