|Job Title:||Pressure Management Technician - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Coventry|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £28,000|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest tier 1 multi-utility contractors to the water industry. You would be working in the West Midlands on a major water company network to perform the role below.
- Optimisation of existing PRVs to support the Network Optimisation calm the network programme.
- Ensuring the Pegasus PRV Controller installation programme runs smoothly and any on-site issues are rectified quickly. c280 installations for year 2.
- Where required on-site support and training on PRV Controllers, Complex PRVs/PSVs, FCVs, turbines and Solenoid/Demand Control Valves delivered to DSTs and ATs
- Technical expert support on above assets and maintenance of those assets – able to give advice over phone to techs when required
- Ensuring spares, tools and equipment are available and spares kits are being utilised for PRVs/Controllers/Other PMVs
- Support evaluation of new products – for example low head loss PRV / PRV framework
- Survey of existing assets / logging of existing assets - as required by PNC team. Predominately this will be to ensure smooth installations of new controllers and replacement PRVs.
- Able to correctly size chambers, advise on any in chamber installation requirements, and H&S risks
- Survey 75 Strategic PRVs and assist with upgrade specification / bringing up to design standard
- Asset Creation PRV programme - support commissioning where required on more complex schemes.
- Technical support to ensure that logger data stitching and HWM press view portal. Make changes remotely to Pegasus controllers when required.
- Completion of PRV/PSV/PMV maintenance tasks – servicing, optimisation, help to facilitate replacement, commissioning etc
- Installation of HWM Pegasus PRV Controller units, also replacement of older controller units – Modulos, Controlmates
- Maintenance of i2O PRV Controller units
- Maintenance of other ancillary assets, including meters, flow control valves, air valves
- Valve operations and rezones
- Survey existing PRVs and pressure/flow logging
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the water industry, and as you will be required to maintain databases will need to be a competent IT user.
- You will need to be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors as this is a demanding field based role.
- Applicants must hold a full UK drivers licence.
- We are encouraging applications from candidates with strong customer service skills and who are self-motivated and excellent team players.
- You must have strong experience and qualification working in the Water sector with a proven track record performing the role above.
- Ideally hold Unit 2 Streetworks card plus EUSR Water Hygiene card