|Job Title:||Principal Civil Engineer - Renewable Energy|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our Client is one of Europe's largest Engineering Consultancies, you will form part of a global network of professionals based around international offices.
They are looking for a Principal Consultant to take a lead role in the design management and coordination of renewable energy infrastructure projects together with the management of junior team colleagues.
- Project management and financial administration of renewable energy projects including monitoring and controlling progress, invoicing and KPI reporting.
- Bid preparation or tender support services for contractor clients including negotiations of detailed design scope, fees and contractual terms.
- Leading the preparation of tender submission packages including multi-disciplinary design statements and presentation drawings
- Wind farm infrastructure access track design with consideration of build-ability, access standards and environmental constraints.
- Bridge and culvert geometry and coordination of structural design and flood assessment.
- Catchment assessments and hydraulic design of river crossings including CAR authorisation.
- Develop wind farm sustainable drainage concepts and details consulting with EA or SEPA where necessary.
- Develop public highway improvement concepts and detailed design for turbine component delivery including road authority consultation and road construction consent submission.
- Liaison with and / or coordination of geotechnical, structural design strands and environmental specialists to assist in the provision of their multi-disciplinary service
- Conceptual design for environmental impact assessment purposes.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the company's Integrated Management Systems.
- Coordinate completion of as-built drawings and records and undertake project close out procedures including lessons learned with the clients.
- From design concept to detailed stage, be capable of addressing health and safety hazards and risk. Work with contractor or developer clients to continually develop own knowledge or construction hazard and control. Effectively communicate residual risk. Record significant decisions.
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or similar, preferably chartered.
- They would have a strong technical ability within their own area of interest with good multidisciplinary knowledge with which to lead the design of interdepartmental geotechnical, environmental, structural and civil infrastructure design strands to enable delivery of EIA, turbine foundation, bridge and control building design and consultancy services.
- They would also have the desire and ability to assist junior colleagues with their continuing professional development by providing mentoring and undertaking the duties of a delegated engineer.
- The candidate will have sound experience with an ability to lead in the following area;
- Civil infrastructure design and design management experience with strong technical ability within own expertise area.
- Experience of leading the modelling and analysis of linear type construction with knowledge of the use of Bentley MX or Autocad, PDS or Civils 3D modelling software.
- Knowledge of trunk road local road standards.
- Knowledge of construction materials specification.
- Proficient in leading drainage and hydraulic design for access infrastructure.
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge relating to geotechnical design, structural design, environmental assessment.
- Leading the delivery of detailed design packages and statutory or third party approval.
- Development and maintenance of productive client relationships.
- Development of the technical and professional competencies of junior colleagues.
- Project management and financial administration.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with clients and other team members and to produce reports in clear English
- Ability to lead the production of concise engineering drawings or high quality presentation drawings.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery