|Job Title:||Principal Civil Engineer - Wind Energy|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our Client is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents.
Their network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
They are a global leader in consultancy services for the wind energy industry. They are looking to make a senior appointment into our owner's engineering business.
Reporting to the onshore wind practice leader, this role sits within the wind team.
- Undertaking construction supervision for renewable projects in the UK and overseas
- Management and co-ordination of multi-disciplinary design and site teams
- Technical and contractual support to clients through project lifecycles including
- Financial close
- Project Management
- Undertake design reviews
- Bid preparation
- Key point of contact for the client during project delivery
The role is client facing and candidates need to have excellent communication skills and be focused on effective project delivery. Our clients vary but will typically include Developers, Lending and Investment organisations and Contractors.
It is expected that the successful candidate will mainly be supporting the developers in delivery of renewable projects, but she or he will also be expected to contribute to the full range of activities carried out by the renewables team.
A flexible approach, focus on delivery, excellent written skills and an ability to learn and adapt are therefore essential attributes.
- A degree qualified civil engineer with, or approaching chartered status.
- Experience in renewable energy, and in particular onshore wind, is preferable.
- Consideration may also be given to candidates from other engineering disciplines with strong construction management experience.
- The candidate will have experience managing a multi-disciplinary team through both the design and construction phases of a project and he or she will be expected to have the core skills, commitment and application to lead in delivering our projects.
- In addition to the engineering aspect of the role, the candidate will also be expected to support our projects and clients in the following areas:
- Health, safety and welfareEnvironment
- Contractual and commercial
- Programme management