|Job Title:||Principal Design Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Bristol|
|Salary:||£40k - £55k + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||about 23 hours ago|
Our client's rail team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's highest profile, most complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing skills and knowledge base.
- Assisting with the preparation of appropriate project related documentation.
- Preparing and checking drawings, technical specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as relevant standards and codes.
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues.
- Mentoring and managing junior members of the team.
- Involved in dealing with the clients and supporting the Directors with Bids, Tenders and Business Development.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- MEng / MSc Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (ICE or IStructE accredited).
- Chartered Professional Membership with the ICE or IStructE.
- Familiarity with British Standards & Eurocodes.
- Previous experience in a similar position and ideally having worked on major infrastructure projects - rail stations, platforms, Bridges etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude, dynamic and personable.
- Client interface experience
Our client is offering a dynamic and challenging job in a pleasant working climate and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role and your level of experience.
This role can suit either a Senior Design Engineer looking for the next step in their career or a Principal Engineer looking to join a reputable organisation, working on major projects and career development to a Technical Director role.
You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives.
If you are keen to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, please get in touch.