|Job Title:||Principal Ecologist|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Owing to continued success and growth, a leading global consultancy - approaching 20 years of experience undertaking ecological surveys and assessments - is looking for a high calibre Principal Ecologist with proven consultancy experience is needed to work within our Environment team based in Warrington. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of ecology schemes for construction and development projects, ensuring they meet the demanding workload.
Current projects and clients based throughout the UK include EDF Energy, National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, Wrap, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
- You will hold a relevant Degree, ideally with a further education qualification
- Full member of CIEEM
- Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist
- Detailed knowledge of ecological principles, relevant wildlife legislation and ecological impact assessment (EcIA)
- In-depth knowledge of particular plant or animal groups and appropriate field survey skills
- Excellent commercial and project management skills
- Proven track record in writing ecological appraisals, EcIAs and Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements
- Ability to lead and grow a team
- Ideally hold Survey and/or Development Licences
- Manage projects, attend meetings, provide advice to clients and manage bid production
- Have responsibility for technical quality / approval of project deliverables
- Provide advice on ecological issues, both at an in-depth level within own area of expertise but also on a broad range of issues
- Compile licence applications, including developing mitigation and monitoring
- Undertake/supervise mitigation and monitoring of licensed work and liaise with statutory authorities
- Undertake performance management of assigned team members and provide training at staff meetings and to smaller groups of staff
- Design research projects and contribute to the development of best practice
- Manage budgets and the production of bids
In return my client a dynamic challenging role with international focus with a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role.
Please do contact Amy James at Allen & York to discuss further.