|Job Title:||Principal Engineer - Midlands & North West|
|Salary:||£43000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Battson|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Principal Engineer Midlands & North West
£43,000 - £50,000 per annum (+ benefits)
A fantastic opportunity to work for the UK's leading standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes, an authority on the housing industry, active in research and development, working with government and stakeholders to help shape housing policy.
You would be part of a highly respected company providing registered builders and developers with technical support and assistance to help at every stage of new home construction and guiding on Standards, regulations, research and other technical issues.
The company offers a highly competitive salary, and prides itself on supporting a brilliant work life balance for all their staff. There are clear progression opportunities and a range of excellent benefits on offer to the right candidate.
- Assist in the management of a multi-disciplinary team of professionally qualified Engineers, Project Managers and Surveyors
- Manage risk to the company on warranty products, claims and building control applications in accordance with the relevant business area SLA's, technical policies and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure customer and statutory requirements are met
- Provide professional technical advice, as well as support, on the assessment of designs for compliance with Building Regulations and warranty standards including resolving problems with engineering aspects of any submissions.
- Negotiate with developers, builders and their professional advisors to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control, warranty and land quality to relevant regulations
- Manage the warranty aspects by supporting inspection staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements of building work and review of progress
- On claims, agree brief with client, undertake investigations, report on finding, prepare solutions for remedial work schemes, issue tender information, assess costs and undertake site inspections.
- Provide guidance to builders, their consultants and NHBC on engineering aspects of the Building Regulations, Standards and claims.
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution
- Extensive experience in the building/construction industry with advanced knowledge of the housing and commercial sectors
- In depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of superstructure, foundation and geotechnical design with regard to building structures
- Experience of forensic investigations of buildings, defect identification and repair
- Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation
Interested? Get in touch!
Tel 01202 888986