|Job Title:||Principal Engineer - Offshore Wind Power|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client are a leading independent expert advisory services firm to the Renewable Energy industry.
They are actively looking to recruit a Principal Engineer to join an established team providing Owner's Engineer services to a range of customers in the offshore wind industry for the development of offshore projects in the UK and Ireland. The focus will be on services relating to offshore wind farm conceptual design, front-end engineering design, construction technical support and operation & maintenance.
- Delivery of technical services at the conceptual design and front-end engineering design stage of offshore wind projects.
- Delivery of technical services on operation & maintenance and construction technical support of offshore wind projects.
- Delivery of bespoke services to offshore wind projects with support from technical experts.
- Working as part of a multidiscipline project team to meet the customer challenge. This will often require working on multiple projects at the same time, managing time to ensure deadlines are met.
- Preparing and presentation of high quality technical reports, specifications and proposals for consultancy work.
- Review and comment on technical reports, specifications and contracts prepared by others.
- Delivery of work within the customer's offices from time to time by agreement.
- Managing the delivery of projects with a focus on meeting the customer's requirements within good budgetary control without compromising on Quality & HSE.
- Mentoring and coaching staff and contributing to the development of improved processes and contract documentation.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management.
- Delivery of proposals, services and reports on time to the required budget and quality.
- Degree educated (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in a mechanical, civil, electrical or other relevant subject.
- Experience of the technical challenges of offshore wind projects.
- Experience of delivering technical elements of Conceptual Design and Front-End Engineering Design, Construction technical support and Operation & Maintenance of offshore or onshore wind projects.
- Experience of working with project developers, owners and operators at various stages of project development.
- Excellent engineering and analytical capabilities.
- Experience of delivering advisory technical services to a range of customers.
- Understanding of offshore or onshore turbine supply and maintenance contracts.
- Able to work in a multidiscipline team located in multiple offices.
- Experience of preparing high quality technical reports with a high standard of written English.
- Experience of preparing successful proposals.
- Ability to meet challenging customer requirements and deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and work offshore as necessary.
- Well-developed IT skills, including advanced use of MS Office applications.
- Experience of delivering technical work packages in conceptual design, front-end engineering design, construction technical support and operation & maintenance of offshore wind projects.
- A good appreciation of the drivers of project economics including an understanding of how engineering optimisation may be applied in order to increase returns.
- Experience in offshore or onshore wind farm technical Due Diligence services.
- Experience in project cost modelling and optimisation.