|Job Title:||Principal Geotechnical Consultant|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Cheshire|
|Contact Name:||Tom Herbert|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Our client are expanding their contaminated land team and require a highly experienced engineer with specific practical knowledge in interpreting geotechnical data and providing design solutions to new builds. Experience in the contaminated land industry will also be required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the geotechnical arm of the company, with a view to expanding and nurturing the new Section with graduate staff in the future. In addition, they will also aid the contaminated land and flood risk team.
The successful candidate will have an excellent academic background with relevant degree qualifications.
The following experience will be required:
• Experience in the contaminated land Sector
• Pavement design.
• Foundation design (including plot by plot detailed foundation plans).
• Slope stability.
• Drainage Design.
• Running projects.
• Writing quotes.
• Client and regulatory liaison.
• Mentor junior staff.
Any candidate must be able to demonstrate the following abilities:
• Work well within a team and other colleagues / sub-contractors.
• Plan works, arrange and manage geotechnical investigation.
• Provide high level support with regards to geotechnical matters.
• Willingness to occasionally work away from home.
• Good communicator in written and verbal skills.
• Good computer skills and Microsoft applications.
• Problem solver and lateral thinker.
• Maintain client relationship.
• Full UK driving license.
• Chartered in a relevant discipline.
This role would suit a geotechnical engineer who has worked for a large multi discipline consultancy, who is looking to join a smaller, more focused team of land quality professionals.