|Job Title:||Principal Highway Design Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - East Midlands, Derbyshire|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
As Principal Design Engineer you will be managing the delivery of highway schemes and solutions. You will be technically competent in dealing with all types of infrastructure projects, and will manage project teams and undertake the day to day client liaison and management. You will be expected to be able to identify business opportunities communicating and discussing these with the Management Team. You will contribute towards the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of infrastructure projects.
- Developing innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Inspiring junior staff to develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Proactively contributing to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
- Providing technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
o Ensure consistency in technical quality from junior staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- The day-to-day management of other disciplines within the group working on projects
- Identification of business opportunities
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Assistance in preparation of PQQs
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification
- Extensive relevant post qualification experience on Highways Projects such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements
- Hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or working towards this
- Ability to prepare briefs and manage project costs and budgets
- Working knowledge of design standards - DMRB, MfS
- Understanding of highway design software, such as MX, WINDES, etc
- Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices
- Working knowledge of contract procurement, specification, supervision and contract administration experience. (NEC Contract, MCHW).
Our client is offering a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.