|Job Title:||Principal Mechanical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Sara Teymoor|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
The Principal/Senior Mechanical Engineer provides expertise, technical guidance, scheduling and utilisation in the mechanical work of the organisation. This is a key role that is responsible for production and also providing assistance in developing business opportunities with new and existing clients.
Management and Leadership
- Provide leadership on project resource planning and scheduling.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, coaching and development of staff.
- Act as a technical resource for the design team(s).
- Ensure that projects are on track and on schedule.
- Facilitate coordination and communication within team(s) to support smooth day-to-day operations and improvement activities, including sharing resources between teams.
- Attend coordination meetings and design meetings as required.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines including Electrical, Architectural and Structural.
- Ensure design files are maintained in an organized and up-to-date fashion in accordance with company standards.
- Prepare design briefs, reports, block layouts and carry out space planning.
- Prepare/update specifications as per CSI Master Specification format.
- Design systems in accordance with NFPA, ASHRAE, CIBSE, BS, Dubai Municipality, DEWA, UAE Fire Code, IBC, IMC, IPC and/or other relevant international/local Codes and Standards.
- Organize and monitor CAD production.
- Report to manager any project related quality, speed or scheduling issue and discuss way forward.
- Coordinate with design team to layout mechanical and plumbing services including HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection and LPG systems.
- Direct and coordinate the design team to prepare detailed equipment room layouts including sections.
- Direct and coordinate the design team to prepare detailed riser diagrams.
- Direct and coordinate the design team to review and comment on shop drawing submittals.
- Provide periodic site reviews and attend site meetings as required during construction.
- Check drawings for quality control using checklists.
- Comply with company Design Standards and CAD Standards.
- Developing relationships with Clients to foster goodwill and business.
- Assist manager in exploring opportunities for value added services and new markets.
- Assist manager in preparation of fee proposals, when required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (B.Eng./B.Tech.)
- LEED/PQP/QSAS Accreditation is an advantage
- Member of Engineering Societies (UAE Society of Engineers, ASHRAE, CIBSE etc.)
- At least 15 years of experience including a minimum of five years in the Engineering Consulting industry
- Experience with reading and coordinating Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and Architectural drawings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven team leadership capabilities
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- A demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think independently
- Detail oriented
- Ability to coach and mentor subordinates
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Carrier HAP, Hevacomp, Trace, Elite etc.
- Knowledge of REVIT/BIM is an advantage
- Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office and general computer skills
We look forward to receiving your application.