|Job Title:||Process Engineer|
|Location:||East of England,|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Collins|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Salary £30-40,000 per annum
Extensive knowledge of the following;
- Water and/or Waste Water treatment processes;
- Full understanding of process engineering conceptual design and optioneering
- Full understanding of process / chemical engineering detailed design.
Assist relevant members of the Joint Venture with:
- The process elements of standard designs and products to aid repeatability within designs, supporting the Benefits by Design initiative;
- Supporting the Process Engineering Team and supply chain's journey to move to BIM/PLM delivery for all projects
- Reviews of associated supply chain capability relating to process engineering
- The process engineering elements of establishing new frameworks and best in class agreements with the supply chain
- The development and improvement of process engineering design processes and procedures to ensure design quality, consistency and repeatability
- Support efficient out-sourcing and off-shoring to expand our technical capability, improve design efficiency and manage peaks in workload
Outline of role
Ensure project deliverables meet the agreed standards & quality and deliver the benefits by design strategies as defined by the Technical Manager.
Be responsible for the production of technical deliverables required in the Stand Alone Process, these include, but are not limited to:
- Technical schedules and data sheets.
- Engineering calculations (hydraulic calculations, pump calculations, mass balance calculation, RICS calculations, etc.).
- Particular specifications for engineering sub contracts.
- Working closely with the supply chain and performing technical bid analysis of their designs.
Support the Process Discipline Head in the drive towards excellence in H&S, demonstrating applied knowledge & skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards and accepted codes of practice.
Support the regular design and discipline meetings and participate in sharing cross-discipline information, supporting the Benefit by Design and Industrialised Construction initiatives.
Ensure all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards & specifications.
Be responsible for maintaining your own quality and consistency of all process engineering technical documents.
Work with the relevant Senior Engineer/Peers and/or the Discipline Head to ensure that all technical deliverables are properly checked and approved
Communicate effectively at all relevant levels to ensure that the need to deliver technical excellence is understood and implemented. Escalate issues that may impact on time/cost/quality to the Technical Manager before they become problems or exceed agreed timescales.
Maintain close links with other Engineers & the Discipline Head to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps & share best practice. Liaise closely with Technical Managers within the programme area to provide technical guidance and explore opportunities for out-performance from technical innovation.
To provide and maintain an estimate for design works needed to deliver the precast design.
To ensure that the design delivery is matched to the project programme and every effort is assured to ensure DOT.
Be responsible for the production of templates for technical deliverables required in the Stand Alone Process, these include:
- Process engineering schedules and data sheets (equipment data sheets, input to valve schedules etc.).
- Engineering calculations (Mass Balance, hydraulic calculations, etc.).
- Process related documents (P&ID, control philosophy, input to commissioning strategy etc.).
- Sub-contract and technical bid analysis.
- Sub-contractor design review where required.
- Assist whenever needed to the completion of as-built records for O&M production.
Masters and/or Degree in Process Engineering
You will need to have significant experience in the water industry
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues. Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery