|Job Title:||Product Intelligence Consultant|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Product Intelligence Consultant
£30,000 - £50,000 basic salary + benefits.
Our client is a product safety and inspection company, they are looking to recruit a Product Intelligence Consultant to join their current team of 5 consultants. The role is a part of an overall consulting service which provides Product Safety Quality Management and Product Performance Consultation to clients, preventing serious injuries and recalls by ensuring products are safe, as well as managing high performance and quality expectations.
The successful candidate will report directly to the European Technical Operations Director and is responsible for the development of product intelligence clients and the delivery of services. The individual will work directly with senior level management as well as operational staff within client businesses. The role is a consultancy position and predominantly involves risk management of client products, client / account management, attending client meetings and conferences.
The ideal candidate will have experience within retail, manufacturing, electronics or a technologist background. The products involved will vary from children toys, textiles, food and other consumer products.
The role will involve 25%-50% (EU and Global) travel, this will be based on client demand. The role is based in Leatherhead.
Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure collaboration by building team spirit, establishing, communicating and reinforcing company values. Positively influence others and collaborate in ways that inspire others to take action. Establish good relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues and build effective networks of contacts.
Plan and Act Strategically
Help to develop vision, mission, priorities, long-term strategies and action plans aligned with the organization's goals. Take a longer-term, organization-wide perspective that takes into account trends and anticipatory issue management.
- Manage accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and to grow revenue through improving and expanding the business relationship.
- Be proactive on customer needs and issues.
- Participate in and lead customer trainings and meetings.
- Identify opportunities within the account to expand the scope of services to better service customers and to bring in more revenue.
- Coordinate with company European Products Group business development team
- Prepare proposals to address client needs.
- Manage projects to meet deadlines.
- Clearly communicate project requirements and expectations to a global team.
- Present test results and technical findings to clients.
- Identify potential hazards associated with products, and recommend solutions.
- Identify gaps within customer product lifecycle/product development/go to market process against best practice, and recommend solutions.
- Identify strategies for product performance assessment and analysis.
- Write technical reports to convey key findings.
- Plan, prepare, and run training courses for clients.
- Understand essential safety, quality, and regulatory requirements, as applicable.
- Develop product specifications/requirements based on new research for safety, quality, and/or performance.
- Identify opportunities for innovation such as new technologies and processes
- University degree in Engineering, Sciences or related discipline.
- 2 - 5 years job experience in technical field, experience in consumer goods sector preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Organization skills to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Ability to effectively lead presentations and training sessions.
- Skilled at identifying and minimizing company risk, assuring product safety, compliance and governance.
- Seasoned, effective communicator (verbal & written) in English with the ability to negotiate and influence peer, and management without direct authority.
- Exceptional technical writing ability.
- Experience in design, manufacturing, or quality assurance is preferred.
- Strong decision making skills, including ability to conduct fact finding, interpret large data sets and make well-reasoned decisions with limited information when circumstances require.
- Recommended, track record of driving positive change in an organization and ability to adapt to changing circumstances, ideas and initiatives.