|Job Title:||Product Manager - Automotive|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Hampshire - Liphook|
|Salary:||£40,000 pa to £60,000 pa Neg.|
|Contact Name:||Andy Tubb|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
On behalf of our client we are seeking to appoint a Product Manager to join an established and highly capable team. You must possess an innovative mind-set, high energy and the drive and tenacity to develop a global product range from initial concept to sale. In this role, you will have a real impact on the growth and overall success of the business.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the General Manager for the Safety, Connectivity and Integration categories. In this role, you will provide leadership in developing and growing new and existing products in the In-Car Connectivity category, drive business growth and profitability, manage the project deliverables and work with all support functions to meet commitments. The person in this job will be primarily responsible for the product design and rate setting for new products, then taking the necessary actions to maintain superior business results for assigned products. Key activities include competitor and market analysis, rate development, monitoring premiums and losses by segment and in total, rate indications, and preparing filing information. Essentially, you will be the subject matter expert in the category of focus.
- Drive and support the project team deliverables, meet commitments and deadlines
- Lead a cross functional team to manage the connectivity product category
- Understand the global consumer for your product category; be the subject matter expert in consumer behaviours
- Understand the competitors and their product(s); how does own product have a unique selling proposition
- Understand the market trends, consumer trends, and technology trends
- Understand regional regulatory requirements or restrictions, working closely with local authorities
- Create idea generation sessions to drive new product ideas
- Own the quality of the product and drive improvements
- Make the product easy to use, easy to install, easy to sell
- Drive the financials to meet gross product margins
- Design new products and/or processes; make modifications to existing products and/or processes; maintain awareness of product technology requirements
- Prepare all required product documentation or data including Technical Requirement Documents (TRDs) and RFQ’s
- Interacts with other functional groups, customers and vendors to coordinate technical and schedule matters and to successfully launch projects on time.
- Provide necessary product information/updates for Monthly Operation Review (MOR) meetings
- Create and/or support development of installation instructions and user operation guides
- Supervise and direct suppliers to leverage suppler resources in the development of new product
- Participate in engineering critical design reviews
Experience and Skill
- A good understanding of Smart Phone In-Car Connectivity products and market trends
- Extensive knowledge of Audio and connective cabling, USB, Lighting, OBDB etc.
- Experience of managing product development for Wifi, Bluetooth connective products for the Automotive sectors
- Knowledge and experience of WIFI Charging products, Power banks preferred
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, science or similar; 10+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required; master’s degree preferred
- Must have a proven track record of project management with conclusive results.
- Experience working with Safety product(s), market and customers is preferred.
- Must be able to lead/manage a results driven team
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbal and written; strong presentation skills
- Electro Static Discharge ESD protective training and electronics handling techniques preferred